Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:20 AM

What one non-essential item could you not do without?

For me it has to be my headphones.

I get so much pleasure from listening to music and podcasts.

I have one (very expensive) pair for listening whilst I'm sitting on my couch; I've also got a smaller Sennheiser set for listening outside and in bed - they really are tiny. Both are Bluetooth but the larger set has a replaceable battery should I ever need it and I can also connect it via cable to any device if I need to. I like watching Netflix on my Mac and listening via my 'phones.

It's not an exaggeration to say I'd be lost without my headphones. Of course, I need a phone too to listen to all that music. So maybe a mobile is the 2nd thing I wouldn't be without or I rate them equally.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:28 AM

Re: What one non-essential item could you not do without?

I suppose I could do without my mobile phone. I never use it, I only carry it in my handbag when I am driving, in case of emergency.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:32 AM

Don't scold me please.
My cigarettes, quite a stressful time for me at the moment. No offence to you Dreamy, you have far more to cope with, and you are doing so well. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Don't scold me please.
My cigarettes, quite a stressful time for me at the moment. No offence to you Dreamy, you have far more to cope with, and you are doing so well. X
How many are you smoking a day?

You should try vaping, it's easy and a lot cheaper. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've vaped in hospital toilets; it never sets any smoke sensors off because it is a mist. And the smell goes away quickly.

Actually, I'd find it hard to be without my vaper.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
How many are you smoking a day?

You should try vaping, it's easy and a lot cheaper.

Hi ffosse , I was with sister who stopped smoking 20 a day 5 months ago and is vaping . She's told me to do it . I smoke about 5 or 6 a day . I honestly don't know where to start or what to buy . Any advice please .

Ps sister lives too far away to advise . I was on holiday with her
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-05-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Hi ffosse , I was with sister who stopped smoking 20 a day 5 months ago and is vaping . She's told me to do it . I smoke about 5 or 6 a day . I honestly don't know where to start or what to buy . Any advice please .
You should have a local shop near you. Just go in and say that you're a beginner and you'd like to get started. The initial equipment is perhaps £30 or £40 (you can get much cheaper vapers but they're not worth it).

Then they'll guide you in choosing a vaper - some are quite small and come in different styles and colours. Then they'll let you try out a juice to see if you like it. The juices come in an infinity of flavours - I like milky, custardy flavours but they have menthol, cherry, apple, almost anything you can think of. They have differing levels of nicotine so you can choose how much you think you'll need. If you're only smoking 5 to 6 cigarettes a day, I'd suggest you start with quite a low level of nicotine.

Presently, I'm going through 3 small bottles a week which is £10.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Don't scold me please.
You would be even more stressed if you got lung cancer.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You should have a local shop near you. Just go in and say that you're a beginner and you'd like to get started. The initial equipment is perhaps £30 or £40 (you can get much cheaper vapers but they're not worth it).

Then they'll guide you in choosing a vaper - some are quite small and come in different styles and colours. Then they'll let you try out a juice to see if you like it. The juices come in an infinity of flavours - I like milky, custardy flavours but they have menthol, cherry, apple, almost anything you can think of.

Presently, I'm going through 3 small bottles a week which is £10.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44149281

Someone was killed by one of those things when it blew up.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-05-2018, 11:56 AM

Someone was killed when their phone exploded.
https://metro.co.uk/2018/03/19/teena...lking-7400361/
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 11:56 AM

Oops sorry Dreamy, what have I started???
I smoke 20 a day. I am going to start vaping. My son has bought me a kit.
I hate being without my makeup.
Hope this is OK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top