Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 10:59 PM

Counter top dishwasher

Does anybody here have one? Did it have to be plumbed in? Or do you have pipes attached to taps, or draining into the sink? How hard was the plumbing in process?

My neighbour who has gone away for 3 months has had one for a few years (shop no longer sells them, just checked) and they recommended someone to install it.

My local Currys is undergoing a shop refurb (not sure when opening), and the nearby PC World/Currys had limited stock for the Black Friday event.

I will anyway have to empty out the cupboard under the sink of all crap in case a plumber needs access, and then I'm not sure where the electric plug is. Might be behind the washing machine, or the wooden storage box I made.

Ta.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 11:01 PM

Re: Counter top dishwasher

Jazzi ... a dishwasher for one person ! ?
tyrell
South Eat England
tyrell is male  tyrell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 03:23 AM

We bought our first dishwasher a while back when we had our kitchen refitted and extended. At the time I thought we would only need a small one but we went ahead and had a full size one fitted in. It is my favourite kitchen appliance of all time. I often take The Dishwasher Challenge where I manage to cram into it so much washing up it makes my day. My wife is often heard saying to me " you can't possibly fit anymore into it this time " Oh yes I can and in it goes.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 09:59 AM

M, why not?! I hate washing up, and often leave it till nothing else can fit into the bowl or sink!

And you can guarantee as soon as I put rubber gloves on my nose starts itching.

A dishwasher? A luxury I've never had, and actually wouldn't mind.

Tyrell, I only have a tiny kitchen, so it could only go on top of the sink. As my neighbour said, even if you do a tiny bit of hand washing up, you still have a shelf (inside) to drain the items.

And when I cook a roast dinner, you wouldn't believe how much there is to wash.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 10:12 AM

Ah but when you do a roast dinner many of the items can't be cleaned in a dishwasher. We had a full size one for a while and really plates/cups/dishes were only things it really got clean. Saucepans and roasting/baking trays etc still had to be scrubbed by hand.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 12:13 PM

Go for it Jazzi if You've always wanted one don't let anyone put You off....I too live alone and have a slimline DW,love it and wouldn't be without it now..I put grillpans/frying pans/sandwich-maker/George foreman plates in after I've wiped with kitchen towels...obviously if You have left the contents of a casserole dish etc' to harden,then You'll have to remove it before putting in the DW....good luck with it and happy soft hands from then onwards :~)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

01-12-2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Go for it Jazzi if You've always wanted one don't let anyone put You off....I too live alone and have a slimline DW,love it and wouldn't be without it now..I put grillpans/frying pans/sandwich-maker/George foreman plates in after I've wiped with kitchen towels...obviously if You have left the contents of a casserole dish etc' to harden,then You'll have to remove it before putting in the DW....good luck with it and happy soft hands from then onwards :~)
Thanks, I'll keep looking.
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 02:24 PM

I had one,electrolux i think it was called,just a small one for a flat etc,was great for washing bike engine and boat parts.

Mind the matching automatic washing machine was pants,way too many loud bangs and it eventually knocked out the window.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

01-12-2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by greg ->
I had one,electrolux i think it was called,just a small one for a flat etc,was great for washing bike engine and boat parts.

Mind the matching automatic washing machine was pants,way too many loud bangs and it eventually knocked out the window.
Tut tut...not helpful!
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 02:32 PM

sorry,just seen from a single males point of veiw..
everything in the kitchen has an alternative and often more useful,use ive found.
Dont use a dishwasher now mind,i use the shower for that now,its better but i often end up as wet as the engine part/wheel etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top