Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 08:35 PM

A friend of mine north of the border, has asked if I am on skype, now I dont know if this has been asked before on here, being new I cant go back over all threads to see if it has, so does anyone use it and is there any problems attached to it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 09:29 PM

Re: Skype

Aitch, I found this prior discussion for you. Did you know the Search function can help you find things? It's at the end of the top line where Home, etc, are. Just type in the keyword(s) you want and it usually finds them.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ighlight=skype
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 09:43 PM

thanks dandysmom, im still on a learning curve yet.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

01-10-2011, 09:57 PM

Hi Aitch,
I used it a lot to keep in touch with the halflings that live down the south of the country. It worked quite well when we were both on cable Broadband.
Sadly they moved to a non cable area and it just did not work the same on a BT landline despite various attempts to boost the speed.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2011, 11:12 AM

I have it installed Aitch but I use it very little, it's handy if you have relatives or friends overseas but I find it a bit embarrassing when you want to sign off, your waiting for him to say goodbye and he's waiting for you to say goodbye and you both end up staring foolishly at each other, no I don't use it much as I'm a shy old git.
aitch
Wigan

02-10-2011, 11:17 AM

I have the same problem with facebook, you say goodnight, and wait for them to sign off only for another reply to come through, it seems like no one wants to be the one to say goodbye. LOL
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2011, 11:21 AM

I have it installed and used to use it a lot but don't use it so much now.

I've never experienced any problem with it...
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2011, 08:48 PM

Brilliant...keeps me in close touch with my son in Oz....next best thing to being there...As for 'Cheerio'...I just click off...no different to putting a phone down....and free too...
aitch
Wigan

02-10-2011, 08:54 PM

Ive just completed the down load, and now for some one to chat to. I dont have all my friend in scotlands, details, but I put his name and email address in, and it has come up with 33, none which looks to be him, I will have to ring on the landline and get all his details, will let you know the outcome.
aitch
Wigan

06-10-2011, 12:13 AM

Well I got in touch with my friend in Scotland and I must say I am impressed with skype, and I just wondered if it could not be attached as part of this forum, so people could interact with others, not divulging personal details, but just a face to face chat, one for the admin I imagine. any one interested,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top