Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 02:13 PM

moss removal tool

OH has been talking about how to remove moss from the lawn. Looking on the internet I came across this nifty little gadget which you fit in place of the cutting blade on the lawn mower
Cost £26

Both prongs are pointing downwards in case it does not show up too well
well worth a try for that price
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 04:22 PM

Re: moss removal tool

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
OH has been talking about how to remove moss from the lawn. Looking on the internet I came across this nifty little gadget which you fit in place of the cutting blade on the lawn mower
Cost £26

Both prongs are pointing downwards in case it does not show up too well
well worth a try for that price
Makes sense but I do mine by hand as, on a lawn that tends to be a bit bumpy, it's safer.

My cheapo lawn mower tends to strip parts of my lawn so I've got it set quite high at the back so it's a fiddle cutting the grass but much less damaging IMHO.

Using that gadget would work Yes, but it's fiddly! stevmk2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:18 PM

Steve we can but try for £26 when the time is right. obviously the highest setting first as a tryout. We do have a flat lawn as well apart from the moss
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Steve we can but try for £26 when the time is right. obviously the highest setting first as a tryout. We do have a flat lawn as well apart from the moss
I'm all for trying something new realspeed so - Good Luck - I hope it works! stevmk2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

06-02-2015, 06:18 PM

TY Steve
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 03:44 PM

I use moss to line my hanging baskets, mixed with some Mind Your Own Business, they look quite good and so natural.

The moss that is left can stay there as it is greener than my grass.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

05-03-2015, 06:02 PM

Don't remember putting on here about the amount of moss on the lawn?
Anyway if not I found this handy little gadget that replaces the cutting blade on my lawn mower and I fitted two wire prongs pointing downward as in the photo below

Well I had a chance to try it out this morning and all I can say is WOW big time. In two hours I covered a 60x60ft + lawn and changed blades back to grass cutting ones for moss collection

I got up a wheelie bin full pluss 4 large plastic bags. And the cost of this gadget? under £30. The moss was so thick it was unbelievable. Well not really the previous owners did sod all on the house or garden so up to us to get it back in good condition

Looks a bit of a mess at the moment with all the dead moss now showing. It is not quite as bad as the picture shows

So next step is let the lawn settle down and possibly moss killer and then go over it again .Must have lowered the garden by over an inch at least

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top