Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 08:23 PM

Re: Wild flowers /meadows

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I'm not one for walking as such but you can't beat a walk in the countryside on a warm early summers day, the flowers along with the birds singing is a simple pleasure but makes you feel so glad to be alive!
And a meal and a couple of drinks on the way back - perfect!

My kind of day Cranberry x
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 09:42 PM

Cranberry that looks so lovely, I'm inspired to try it also, your hydrangea looks lovely too.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 11:01 AM

Thank you Anita, the rest of the garden is very neat and tidy but this little area is allowed to do its own thing and I like it that way.
Yes, give it a try - a little dead heading from time to time is all that's needed.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 04:40 PM

I have scattered wild flower seeds for a number of years now. They need little effort in looking after them. These are last years. You can cherry pick the seeds and grow whichever ones you like for the years after.

kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 08:58 PM

They are lovely Mesco - it has been good of people to reply with their ideas and great to see people's pretty gardens. Let's hope my border looks half as good - I am going to just buy seeds and scatter them and hope for the best I think.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2015, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by kittylion ->
They are lovely Mesco - it has been good of people to reply with their ideas and great to see people's pretty gardens. Let's hope my border looks half as good - I am going to just buy seeds and scatter them and hope for the best I think.
I found it was the best way for me. It's great just watching what appears.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I have scattered wild flower seeds for a number of years now. They need little effort in looking after them. These are last years. You can cherry pick the seeds and grow whichever ones you like for the years after.

OOh, I like that mesco, bet the butterflies do too.
You are giving me ideas now. . . .
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 04:35 PM

That's really lovely mesco, you've inspired me to have a go too.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I'm not one for walking as such but you can't beat a walk in the countryside on a warm early summers day, the flowers along with the birds singing is a simple pleasure but makes you feel so glad to be alive!
And a meal and a couple of drinks on the way back - perfect!
As Pa Larkins would say PERFECK,
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 11:11 PM

I had a strip like that outside my last house, I planted hypericum and perennial geraniums, just left them to grow and weeded now and then.
I now have a field next door and I find all the weed seeds blow in to my garden, so I was thinking of growing wild flowers along that side until my beech hedge gets bigger. Lovely photos on here folks!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top