Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 12:10 PM

Re: started cleaning up

Ginge

all ours are on the window ledges on the kitchen and utility room at the moment
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 12:30 PM

My daughter is here for the weekend and I took the opportunity to get staging removed and into the garage. I will need to clear out the greenhouse and get rid of all the things I keep and think they might come in useful, then don't use them in case I have a better use for them. It's too cold yet and in spite of having a tube heater in the greenhouse, some of the plants haven't survived. However the miniture Kiwi which I thought was dead is now budding. I was also going to try to get rid of a small pond but the frogs have beat me to it and I haven't the heart to dispose of their nursery
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 01:15 PM

I have been looking at my new garden and it is quite sunny. I have this crazy idea of using some of the wood and posts I moved with me to erect a wood panel and cover it with tin foil and then grow peppers and aubergines outside.
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I have been looking at my new garden and it is quite sunny. I have this crazy idea of using some of the wood and posts I moved with me to erect a wood panel and cover it with tin foil and then grow peppers and aubergines outside.
Never heard of anyone growing roasted peppers before
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 04:21 PM

True-let me reflect on it
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 05:22 PM

This was mine last spring...

Broke the back of it later in the year...very slowly and bit at a time...I got there eventually..

I had a small greenhouse on the right but the winds were destroying it...so I moved it next to the house...not much sun but at least it's stayed put.

This is it today...a quick fork and rake over and ready to plant.

The boards at the end are as far as I'll dig...the remainder stays rough for rubbish/bonfires and somewhere for the dogs to to take a leak in.

Wish I had slabs down for the path but my health won't allow heavy lifting.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 05:23 PM

Someone's put a lot of effort into those paths realspeed and you TLC has brought them up a treat. Looks like a garden with a lot of potential, keep us posted!

You've done so much to yours too, poohdog. What are you going to plant in your beds?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 05:45 PM

I made a tentative start with deadheading, not the fushcia"s though as they need their stems to protect them for a little longer. it is nice to be able to get cracking again isn"t it, well I think so.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Anzac ->

You've done so much to yours too, poohdog. What are you going to plant in your beds?

Behind me in those pics are my aviaries...so I'm going to grow wheat,millet,sunflowers and kale...plus a few Maris Pipers.

Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2015, 08:46 PM

That looks really good; nice to grow food for yourself and the birds. What sort of birds do you keep?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top