Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 07:24 PM

Re: I have frogs

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
I love frogs! People often give us frogs and tadpoles but they never survive in our pond. I'm not sure if it's the grass snakes that eat the frogs or the newts that eat the tadpoles. Either way it's really sad!
It`s grass snakes. Nothing against them but keep away from my pond.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 10:04 PM

better than crabs I suppose OG..........
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 11:07 PM

We've regularly found frogs in our garden so last summer we made them a small pond. I didn't realise it was time to find frogspawn but we haven't any so guess they didn't like their new home!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 11:11 PM

Be patient-could be two/three weeks yet
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Very nice OG, I love Frogs, they liven up a Pond.

Same here Jem. Mum had a small pond and 'her' frogs came back year after year for as long as I can remember, and there was always masses of spawn in the early spring.
I had to be ever so careful cutting her grass in the summer because there were baby frogs everywhere.
It's so sad because her house is now sold and I am wondering what the new people will do about the pond, I hope they don't fill it in, because for the first time ever, the frogs will be homeless.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 12:26 AM

If they do fill it in I hope they think to empty it out first unlike the woman down the road who didn't even bother to check if anything was living in hers before she had a load of top soil dumped in it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
If they do fill it in I hope they think to empty it out first unlike the woman down the road who didn't even bother to check if anything was living in hers before she had a load of top soil dumped in it!

Ooh yes Anzac, that's a thought. Don't give me anything else to worry about!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 01:32 AM

Reet posh lot on here wiv all your ponds, best i can manage is puddle after it rains.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Reet posh lot on here wiv all your ponds, best i can manage is puddle after it rains.
You're not alone Nom, we are the same with just puddles
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 09:49 AM

There are frogs mating in our pond, have done for years. I always have to do a rescue mission and take some of the spawn out and leave in a large bowl to develop, otherwise the greedy koi eat them all. I love frogs, have eaten a few while in France

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top