Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 10:05 AM

Re: I have frogs

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
There are frogs mating in our pond, have done for years. I always have to do a rescue mission and take some of the spawn out and leave in a large bowl to develop, otherwise the greedy koi eat them all. I love frogs, have eaten a few while in France
That's why don't drink water, frogs and fish do disgusting things in it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's why don't drink water, frogs and fish do disgusting things in it.
Oh a bit like human babies then
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh a bit like human babies then
Quite.
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 11:09 AM

I have a leak in the pond liner and I never seem to get a chance to empty the pond to replace it, there's always too much going on in it and at the moment it's full of frog spawn.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 12:10 PM

I have a large feed bucket sunk into the ground with some stones and plants in it, very cheap but serves it's purpose, I put it in for the frog that lives in a bucket down by the compost heap.
Our lane this time of year is covered in squashed frogs that were making their way to the stream. If I find live one I pick it up and give it a lift.
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I have a large feed bucket sunk into the ground with some stones and plants in it, very cheap but serves it's purpose, I put it in for the frog that lives in a bucket down by the compost heap.
Our lane this time of year is covered in squashed frogs that were making their way to the stream. If I find live one I pick it up and give it a lift.
I have a big round shrub tub which is deeper than my wee pond but it would probably be ok if I could dig a hole deep enough to sink it. If I covered that with black pond liner nobody would see the bright apple green tub LOL. It's just a bit too much work for me so I would need to wait for volunteers which probably means a few generations yet of frogs.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 04:19 PM

Luckily I conned middle daughter, who likes to show off her gardening skills, to did the hole, it wasn't quite deep enough so I put bricks around it. You could do that with your pond liner to cover it,
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 04:26 PM

I was a bit worried about the frogs not being able to get out of my pond as the sides are quite steep and shiny. I put some large stones in the pond to try and help them but not sure if I'm worrying unnecessarily!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 06:02 PM

Always have a step in the pond-it helps frogs,birds to bathe and a way out if some silly hedgehog falls in.
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland

13-03-2015, 07:44 PM

I have stones set in as a hop-in or hop-out - depending on which direction they want to go in the pond LOL but they seem to be able to hop out unaided. I think the tub would need to have some large-ish stones in it and as Twizard says, some bricks on the outside. I get frogs everywhere, including one sitting on top of the grass cutter in the garage Unfortunately my daughter is 4 1/2 hours away and I need to wait until she and her partner have enough time when they visit. I have a list of tasks but I think my daughter thinks I collect them as a hobby LOL

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top