Join for free
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 07:05 PM

Moved my Gunnera

After taking advice I've moved my Gunnera Manicata today.It had outgrown it's original site.
Dug a huge hole three feet deep,partly lined with plastic sheet to retain water.Filled it back with good soil and chicken manure.
I had to cut the plant in half...took two of us and a wheelbarrow to move it,loads of roots.It's replanted now and covered up with straw and polystyrene to protect against the frosts.

Fingers crossed it takes ok after all the work.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 08:06 PM

Re: Moved my Gunnera

Lovely plant Paul I hope it takes ok...
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 08:44 PM

If i had a garden big enough i would have one , I love the huge leaves.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2015, 08:51 PM

Oh my goodness, here it is invasive and we are desperately trying to get rid of it. It grows EVERYWHERE and is a real nuisance. And it seems to go from a little shoot to several feet high in a matter of days!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top