Join for free
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 09:36 PM

Sweet pea

Ive decided to grow sweet peas this year ,so im going to mix ,
Romeo& Juliet,
Gwendoline,& old fashioned Mix .
Some i will grow in tubs up trellis,and some i will grow in the ground.
All are scented and my hope is to fill my garden with scent
..also bought a pkt of mix Annuals too.
Anyone else got plans for the summer flower garden?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 09:41 PM

Re: Sweet pea

Zinnias, begonias and petunias, bought from Jersey Plants Direct as garden ready plants
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 10:30 PM

Sounds a nice mix Eliza, i love sweet peas there very colourful
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 11:00 PM

Me too, they are lovely to look at and lovely to smell. I am growing "Night and Day" (which is deep maroon and white), and "Floral Tribute" which a lovely mixed variety. I'm also trying a dwarf one especially for hanging baskets, never tried that one before, so that'll be interesting.
I've sown Cosmos Sonata (the smaller Cosmos) for the front garden, and various Dianthus, a few Penstemons and some Diascus (think I've spelt that wrong). That should do me along with the perennials from other years.
I always get over-excited and grow too many, and end up giving no end away - I just like growing stuff.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2015, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Me too, they are lovely to look at and lovely to smell. I am growing "Night and Day" (which is deep maroon and white), and "Floral Tribute" which a lovely mixed variety. I'm also trying a dwarf one especially for hanging baskets, never tried that one before, so that'll be interesting.
I've sown Cosmos Sonata (the smaller Cosmos) for the front garden, and various Dianthus, a few Penstemons and some Diascus (think I've spelt that wrong). That should do me along with the perennials from other years.
I always get over-excited and grow too many, and end up giving no end away - I just like growing stuff.
Be nice to see them when in flower especially the dwarf ones. If mine are a success i will put some photos on.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top