Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 02:38 PM

Ambulance/fire engine

Just heard on the local news that our region (south west) are getting vehicles which are both ambulances and fire engines!
I have this mental image of firemen trying to put fires out while the patients are being rushed off to hospital, firemen being dragged along whilst clutching hoses!
On the other hand the patient being told to hang on while the fire is being put out!

Do you think this will work?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 02:39 PM

Re: Ambulance/fire engine

Scares me Twiz up here its the same yet this government has slashed funding to the fire service forcing major cuts.

I fear patients will die because of this.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Yes, Nom, not sure what would happen if a fire was on one side of town and an accident on the other, worrying!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Just heard on the local news that our region (south west) are getting vehicles which are both ambulances and fire engines!
I have this mental image of firemen trying to put fires out while the patients are being rushed off to hospital, firemen being dragged along whilst clutching hoses!
On the other hand the patient being told to hang on while the fire is being put out!

Do you think this will work?
Is it the vehicles that are dual purpose or is it the stations ? I have read where they are combining fire stations and ambulance stations.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-02-2016, 03:14 PM

The vehicles Alan. I'll try to post a link later when I fire up my laptop!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 03:34 PM

I have absolute no objections to a fireman giving me the kiss of life..or tearing my jumper of to see if my heart needs defibbing.

Seriously longs they are trained to do what is neccesssary does it matter what vehicle is used !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-02-2016, 03:37 PM

Well, yes and no. If there's a firefight on- going how are they supposed to take you to hospital?
Also I would imagine a fire engine would be very noisy.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 04:15 PM

Well, yes and no. If there's a firefight on- going how are they supposed to take you to hospital?
Also I would imagine a fire engine would be very noisy.

Blues and two's plus Fire engines are arriving all the time at hospitals all the time and they usually kill there sirens before entering the grounds having alerted ETA to A & E

All calls would be assessed to see what would be suitable to send out to an incident or if it needed all services. They can always call in to update if necessary once there.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-02-2016, 04:27 PM

I meant if you are being treated in an ambulance / fire engine whilst the pumps are going.
If it arrives at a fire with casualties which does it attend to? If both it could be complicated.
solo
UK

16-02-2016, 04:31 PM

I meant if you are being treated in an ambulance / fire engine whilst the pumps are going.
If it arrives at a fire with casualties which does it attend to? If both it could be complicated.
Once the incident had been called in the casualty count would have been roughly given and the appropriate number of staff would be sent to deal with any given situation. Some would man the pumps whilst others would deal with the casualties.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top