Join for free
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:01 AM

Colour-code your folders

Colour-code your folders with this simple free program.

Folderico

Now you don't need to trawl through all your yellow folders you can quickly see what you want....simples
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Re: Colour-code your folders

Thanks Malcolm - I notice there is a paid version as well. Have you used the program for a month yet? If not, only time will tell if a 'nag' to purchase a licence appears after it has been installed for a while. Not a lot of money even if it did though ($9.99). I have installed it on W.10 and it works fine. A scan with AdwCleaner after installation revealed no unwanted software.

I have been using a different program for this job that offers a free version. It has been installed since the 20th of January, so a little over a month and no nags to buy the paid version so far. This one is called 'Folder Marker Free'. There are a few more functions to it that can optionally add further markings to folders (priorities etc) but I haven't found a need for them.

Folderico doesn't include these but it colours the folders just as well and that's the part that might be found useful. I'll keep it installed.

I use such a program because I have a second internal drive with loads of folders on it. It's handy to pick out some of the more frequently accessed ones with a different colour.

Incidentally, this function comes in Linux Mint as part of the operating system.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:07 PM

Cheers mart !
If a 'nag' appears in a week or two then I will post in this thread.
I do like the coloured folders idea though.....I have never yet paid for any program from the net since I started 20+ years ago and that's how I intend to stay !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 03:43 PM

Thanks for this!
This is great Mal if rather time consuming maybe I am doing it in a laborious fashion it looks good though.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

22-02-2016, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Thanks for this!
This is great Mal if rather time consuming maybe I am doing it in a laborious fashion it looks good though.
You're welcome Muddy, but....what's time consuming about two clicks on yer mouse ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 04:08 AM

Two clicks!
First I go to folderico and choose my folder . Browse go to my docs select folder choose colour apply close and start all over again it's loads of clicks .
Obviously I am doing something wrong..
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

23-02-2016, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Two clicks!
First I go to folderico and choose my folder
I don't understand that Muddy ?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I don't understand that Muddy ?
Just right click on the folder, hover over 'change icon' click on a colour....job done in just two clicks....simples

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top