Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dncurry
New Member!
midwest, am
dncurry is female 

02-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Newbie...not sure how to navigate the forum.

Hi All!

Decided to join the forum while sitting outside and enjoying a beautiful day on vacation.

Would someone be willing to give me a quick tutorial on how to get around this forum? Keep it simple....please. Yes, I have come into the 21st century kicking and screaming, but at least I'm here.

Thanks
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 07:03 PM

Re: Newbie...not sure how to navigate the forum.

Well just jump right in kid, if annie can do it so can you. Oh yes and welcome to the Forum.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 07:05 PM

Hello Susan and a very warm welcome to you!, fear not, one of the experienced members will show you the ropes, it's more a follow-your-nose thing really.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 07:17 PM

Hello Susan, a warm welcome to you!

Wow... what a task you've set!

I'll try to make it easy for you.

At the top of the page you will see an orange bar which shows various links to the forum when clicked on. If you click on Home it will take you to the Home Page here ....

http://www.over50sforum.com/

...... which shows all the different sections/topics that the forum is divided into. If you see a section that interests you, click on that section to see all the different threads that have been posted. You can reply to any of the threads that interest you or if you prefer you can start a new thread of your own in that section by clicking on New Thread.

If you want to view the latest posts that have been made, click on Latest Posts.... again in the orange bar above. Again, you may reply to any post.

I'll leave it at that for the moment as I don't want to confuse you ..... see how that goes and if you have anymore queries don't hestitate to ask.... that's what we're here for!

Good luck!
dncurry
New Member!
midwest, am
dncurry is female 

02-07-2012, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Well just jump right in kid, if annie can do it so can you. Oh yes and welcome to the Forum.

Thank you for the welcome. I am sure in time I will figure it out. Looking forward to meeting new people and maybe even learning a thing or two.
dncurry
New Member!
midwest, am
dncurry is female 

02-07-2012, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hello Susan, a warm welcome to you!

Wow... what a task you've set!

I'll try to make it easy for you.

At the top of the page you will see an orange bar which shows various links to the forum when clicked on. If you click on Home it will take you to the Home Page here ....

http://www.over50sforum.com/

...... which shows all the different sections/topics that the forum is divided into. If you see a section that interests you, click on that section to see all the different threads that have been posted. You can reply to any of the threads that interest you or if you prefer you can start a new thread of your own in that section by clicking on New Thread.

If you want to view the latest posts that have been made, click on Latest Posts.... again in the orange bar above. Again, you may reply to any post.

I'll leave it at that for the moment as I don't want to confuse you ..... see how that goes and if you have anymore queries don't hestitate to ask.... that's what we're here for!

Good luck!
Thanks! I appreciate the info. I guess a lot of what I will need to do is trial and error, hunt and peck, seek and ye shall receive,...hmmm wonder what other terms I could use here?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 08:54 PM

Hello Susan welcome, I look forward to chatting with you .
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 09:17 PM

Hello Susan, hope you enjoy the forum
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2012, 10:08 AM

Hello Susan,
welcome to the forum, hope you like it here.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 03:05 PM

Good afternoon Susan darlin' - a very warm welcome from me too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top