Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 01:00 PM

Re: Roger Daltrey On Brexit

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
With respect Flicker, I really don't see how you can possibly comment on how we in the UK feel about the EU when you don't live here and why would you care anyway?
HRH gets shot down so often she only chooses to debate chosen 'items' of her own pickings ..... these are all to be found in the booklet entitled ' the ramblings of the eu rhetoric for kids and teachers' ( brain washing volume two)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 03:09 PM

With respect Flicker, I really don't see how you can possibly comment on how we in the UK feel about the EU when you don't live here and why would you care anyway?
Why indeed.

Our tame Frog seems unduly concerned about us 'suffering' by leaving the EU.

I'm not in the least concerned, and I know that many others aren't either.

I have a sneaking suspicion that her real concerns are for her own country having to make up the difference when the EU don't receive our generous handouts any more!
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 03:12 PM

I choose to discuss the things I know something about.

Unlike so many in here who think they know everything there is to discuss thus frequently being proven to be...less than accurate.

What I don't do is call people names and insult them and then go on to avoid discussing anything because they have nothing to say except Trump like crowd pleasing empty rhetoric....good example is the post just above this one.

To Longdogs I have said so before. I do not reply to personal questions. I have in fact already answered your questions and have already broken the promise once. That is once too often. I am here to discuss what I choose to discuss and don't stoop to empty personal references and jibes since I grew up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Why indeed.

Our tame Frog seems unduly concerned about us 'suffering' by leaving the EU.

I'm not in the least concerned, and I know that many others aren't either.

I have a sneaking suspicion that her real concerns are for her own country having to make up the difference when the EU don't receive our generous handouts any more!
That's what I was thinking.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 03:23 PM

That's what I was thinking.
Yes. When did the French ever consider how they could help the British (as we did for them twice in the last century)?
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Well since both of you know precisely nothing about France or the EU (as proven over and over) I shall just have a quiet snigger.

YU do realise your leaving will cut the EU's costs...the EU won't be supporting your farming, fishing, infrastructure and town rebuilding, grants to environmental health, small businesses etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-how-does-thi/

The EU won't be paying for these either:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-...endum-36561084

In 2014, the UK received a total of 6.984bn euros (£5.5bn) of EU money or around 5% of the overall payments the EU made in that year.

That is nearly 7 billion you will have to make up yourselves.

That leaves approx 3 billion net to the EU...not much when it costs the UK govt 120 billion just to keep the NHS afloat.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
I choose to discuss the things I know something about.

Unlike so many in here who think they know everything there is to discuss thus frequently being proven to be...less than accurate.

What I don't do is call people names and insult them and then go on to avoid discussing anything because they have nothing to say except Trump like crowd pleasing empty rhetoric....good example is the post just above this one.

To Longdogs I have said so before. I do not reply to personal questions. I have in fact already answered your questions and have already broken the promise once. That is once too often. I am here to discuss what I choose to discuss and don't stoop to empty personal references and jibes since I grew up.
Well pardon me for fitting into the low-life ill informed category you talk about. It's just as well that pretty soon we will be parting ways - along with the other seventeen and a half million voters who voted to leave.

We bow to your superior knowledge and superciliousness.

Btw, the thread was about Roger Daltrey's comments on Brexit so the whole 'fish' thing is off topic anyway.
Flicker
France

22-12-2016, 03:35 PM

Well sir I didn't introduce the fish thing.
M is the king of diversions...could have been him.

my knowledge comes from making an effort to do some research instead of being arrogant enough to think I already know something.

Your problem is that you can only discuss something when everyone agrees with you. Not very difficult is it?

and stop being personal. You might find time to discuss something properly.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Well since both of you know precisely nothing about France or the EU (as proven over and over) I shall just have a quiet snigger.

YU do realise your leaving will cut the EU's costs...the EU won't be supporting your farming, fishing, infrastructure and town rebuilding, grants to environmental health, small businesses etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-how-does-thi/

The EU won't be paying for these either:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-...endum-36561084

In 2014, the UK received a total of 6.984bn euros (£5.5bn) of EU money or around 5% of the overall payments the EU made in that year.

That is nearly 7 billion you will have to make up yourselves.

That leaves approx 3 billion net to the EU...not much when it costs the UK govt 120 billion just to keep the NHS afloat.

You do realise that our leaving will cut the EU income by far more than they will save?
Flicker
France

22-12-2016, 03:40 PM

Your payments in are 9 billion a year.
You get out about 6 billion.

That leaves 3.

I hardly think the EU is going to sink.

BTW that is just contributions and doesn't consider the tens of billions of pounds worth of trade the UK gets via the EU.

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top