Join for free
Page 12 of 55 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 04:54 PM

Re: The Aftermath of the referendum

Perhaps the furry rat-catcher is still there ... contemplating the new Cabinet as we speak.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 04:58 PM

I do find it ironic that the "Remainers" such as Sturgeon seem unable to accept the fair democratic decision of the majority, and who are more than likely the same people that would have been demanding the "Leavers" honour the result, if the result had been different....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 04:59 PM

I was thinking if Scotland had another referendum and voted for independence and got it, then they would have to try and join the EEC in their own right. So to get back it would need 2 votes not just the one, there would be, I think, a strong resistance from Brussels for that to happen. I can't honestly see Scotland having been part of the UK which voted out being allowed back in
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I do find it ironic that the "Remainers" such as Sturgeon seem unable to accept the fair democratic decision of the majority, and who are more than likely the same people that would have been demanding the "Leavers" honour the result, if the result had been different....
I agree Barry. The best thing the British can do now is stop trying to lay blame and get on with the decision the majority made. Nobody with a brain can have expected this to be easy but a divided camp will make it more difficult. The economy will be affected in the early stages, but we have had financial problems in the past and recovered from them. If I had voted to remain, I would have now been looking for a way to make our independence work, because nobody is going to change the decision that has been made and we should be showing the world that we are a united country.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:14 PM

It's easy to see why most Scottish people voted to remain in the EU, Immigration, overcrowded hospitals and schools are just something that the English moan about. Strange also that well off places in Yorkshire (Harrogate and York) also voted to remain, immigration and streets full of Romanians and Bulgarians tearing up the neighbourhood are just a rumor it has never visited them. And what about Leeds I hear you say, half of it is full of rich businessmen, and the other half is full of immigrants who don't want to be sent home.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Made me smile Julie, when after the Indy Ref a lot of the North of England wanted the border moved so as they were part of Scotland too..
I would be interested in a link Roxy, not where i live most wanted Scotland to leave.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Maybe not at present, but they are learning

Think you're a bit of a dinosaur Malcolm
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's easy to see why most Scottish people voted to remain in the EU, Immigration, overcrowded hospitals and schools are just something that the English moan about. Strange also that well off places in Yorkshire (Harrogate and York) also voted to remain, immigration and streets full of Romanians and Bulgarians tearing up the neighbourhood are just a rumor it has never visited them. And what about Leeds I hear you say, half of it is full of rich businessmen, and the other half is full of immigrants who don't want to be sent home.
The intelligent Scottish people can see what is happening in England and don't want the same thing to happen here .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Perhaps the Scots could be encouraged to pay for and build a wall or fence ala Trump between our two borders if they choose to leave the UK in favour of the EU?
Hadrians on route, needs to get his finger out on repairs before we demand points based workers.

Sorry Tess but how does Brexit prevent young from working in Europe, does not stop the Turks, Iranians America and uncle tom cobbly and all from working there.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've just seen that online ..
It was collecting 1,000 signatures a minute until the site crashed.
It's now at 126,416 signatures.

EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

We'd be batting back and forth for years if 60% was needed.
It was pretty obvious to everyone that it was going to be very close and so about half the country were going to be very disappointed.
Scotland wanting another referendum of their own is entirely different. They have good grounds.
And if the Remain win, the Leavers can do their own petition! For crying out loud, accept the result and get on with it!!

Page 12 of 55 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top