Join for free
Page 9 of 55 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:07 PM

Re: The Aftermath of the referendum

Originally Posted by May ->
BTW Realist..what happened to Your theory that the 'powers that be' wouldn't allow a brexit,and they would FIX it to remain?
It's not over yet . . . . .

The closeness of the vote will I suspect give them some ammunition to tweak things. It will take years to pull out of the EU and I bet they somehow "dilute" that separation along the way. We shall see.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
First time I have agreed with him we could be out fast if the will was there to do so. The two year idea seems ridiculous when you think about it.
As I said on another thread ,We'll be booted out ASAP,...They are not amused.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:11 PM

On a slightly different tack.
I am appalled by the disgusting comments on social media after the result.
ALL of the abuse coming from the remain camp.
I can see this causing arguments & falling out of friends & families.
I have already blocked some people as the postings have been highly offensive.
( not on this forum)
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:17 PM

I wanted to leave, so I am pleased with the result, but I did not expect the the actual process of leaving would happen overnight
But neither did I expect that it would take years. Our Dave is already dragging his heels by not taking the decision to leave (Article 50) and so it might not start till October at the earliest
And it would be possible for Remainer MPs to delay the process even more

I would think that most Leavers, like myself would expect the process to take place as quickly as it can

But it seems that Cameron's hand may be forced by the EU, who would want Britain out as fast as possible so as not to spread the heresy of independence to other European Countries
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:17 PM

Only if we let them. I think they might get a surprise they already had one I don't think they thought we would go this way.
How are we going to stop them? They've got a few years in power yet, now they'll do their worst.
It took me a long time to decide which way to vote, something I took into account was hearing that folk made up their minds that they wanted Britain to be great again and wouldn't tell me how we can do that with a lot of industry gone and little else to give people job security or stuff to export.
I don't pretend to understand it all but, I think we should have left long ago before our indepence got whittled away.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
How are we going to stop them? They've got a few years in power yet, now they'll do their worst.
It took me a long time to decide which way to vote, something I took into account was hearing that folk made up their minds that they wanted Britain to be great again and wouldn't tell me how we can do that with a lot of industry gone and little else to give people job security or stuff to export.
I don't pretend to understand it all but, I think we should have left long ago before our indepence got whittled away.
It will be up to a strong opposition and the House of Lords to initially keep our institutions safe then we have to vote more sensibly.

I'm not saying we can be great over night but I do believe we can eventually we have fantastic young people in this country who can if helped get us back on track.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:25 PM

Yes we have fantastic young people who have been given huge debts by this government and it seems like many are signing a petition for a new referendum.
What jobs have they got to look forward to?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:26 PM

It will be up to a strong opposition and the House of Lords to initially keep our institutions safe then we have to vote more sensibly.

I'm not saying we can be great over night but I do believe we can eventually we have fantastic young people in this country who can if helped get us back on track.
We've made our bed and how we must lie in it.

I won't stand for negativity, it's hugely destructive.
You HAVE to be positive, there's no room for despair and negativity now.

We have a chance to make it work, get off our backsides and get on with it. Get the young workshy idlers off their fat bottoms and give them the jobs that are there for the taking.

We have huge talent in this country... brilliant minds and huge creativity.
We have the best brains and innovations and creativity in the entire world here.

We need to get up off our arses and work hard!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
We've made our bed and how we must lie in it.

I won't stand for negativity, it's hugely destructive.
You HAVE to be positive, there's no room for despair and negativity now.

We have a chance to make it work, get off our backsides and get on with it. Get the young workshy idlers off their fat bottoms and give them the jobs that are there for the taking.

We have huge talent in this country... brilliant minds and huge creativity.
We have the best brains and innovations and creativity in the entire world here.

We need to get up off our arses and work hard!!
Could not agree more. You said it best.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

24-06-2016, 01:29 PM

What jobs are you going to give them here then?
Jobs than immigrants are doing? Are we going to chuck them all out?
We've just taken away from our young people the right of freedom of movement to look for jobs in Europe.

Page 9 of 55 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top