Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 01:45 PM

Re: Christmas decorations

Well my plan is to go round with the duster today and then put all the cards up.I feel honoured that people send us cards and I like to decorate for Christmas but the rest of the decorations won't go up till next week.
Chrismas dinner is roast pork with all the trimmings. We aren't that keen on turkey. The cracking has to be really crisp so that's my biggest challenge of the day. I usually end up cutting it off and putting it on the grid from the grill pan over an empty tray and turn the oven up to its highest temperature.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There are houses along my street that have trees decorated and lights lit for the past two weeks.

Hope you have got some lights U J. I bet you have got in lights right across your house " I love T M"
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Hope you have got some lights U J. I bet you have got in lights right across your house " I love T M"

In the words of Pygmalion, "not bloody likely"!!! I'm not one to waste power on trifling little lights that do not provide enough light to see where I need to go!!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 08:02 PM

I always used to have a real tree - really love the smell of the real stuff - but my last house was a bit small in the only available area to have a real one, so I bought fake.

When I moved here, it was December so I thought what the hell and bought a small real one, but it didn't smell

So I bought a fake one the following year.

The year after that I didn't want to get it out of the damp, spider riddled garage so bought another fake one.

The following year I didn't want to get THAT one out of the damp, spider riddled garabge, so bought a small table top type one, that I can store in the w/robe

When I do eventually move to my next place, I'll make damn sure I have a space for a real one of decent size

I plan to put my decs up tomorrow in the hall and lounge, and cards on the window ledge.
Christmas is a bah humbug, but I do like to see the decs up, brightens the place up for a couple of weeks.

Even if I never saw anyone, I'd still make the effort and brighten the place up for Chrissy.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I always used to have a real tree - really love the smell of the real stuff - but my last house was a bit small in the only available area to have a real one, so I bought fake.

When I moved here, it was December so I thought what the hell and bought a small real one, but it didn't smell

So I bought a fake one the following year.

The year after that I didn't want to get it out of the damp, spider riddled garage so bought another fake one.

The following year I didn't want to get THAT one out of the damp, spider riddled garabge, so bought a small table top type one, that I can store in the w/robe

When I do eventually move to my next place, I'll make damn sure I have a space for a real one of decent size

I plan to put my decs up tomorrow in the hall and lounge, and cards on the window ledge.
Christmas is a bah humbug, but I do like to see the decs up, brightens the place up for a couple of weeks.

Even if I never saw anyone, I'd still make the effort and brighten the place up for Chrissy.
Pests your post has brightened the site up like a beacon of light in the gloom!!!!!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
Well my plan is to go round with the duster today and then put all the cards up.I feel honoured that people send us cards and I like to decorate for Christmas but the rest of the decorations won't go up till next week.
Chrismas dinner is roast pork with all the trimmings. We aren't that keen on turkey. The cracking has to be really crisp so that's my biggest challenge of the day. I usually end up cutting it off and putting it on the grid from the grill pan over an empty tray and turn the oven up to its highest temperature.
Best method for getting crackling while it's still on the joint is to make sure that the skin is bone dry, whack up your oven to high as it will go then put the pork in its roasting dish and put it in the oven at the high setting for twenty minutes. After that time, turn your oven down to 180deg(c) and cook as normal - 20mins per pound plus 20mins.

I always check mine with a meat thermometer and as soon as the meat's temperature is 75deg(c) or near as damn it, it's done. If you haven't got a thermometer, stick a small sharp knife in and if the juices run clear, it's done.

Take it out of the oven and let it rest for a good 15mins before carving..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 06:46 PM

Well I've made a start and put my new Christmassy wreath on my front door! It has little model animals on it and looks cute.

As for putting my cards up they are dotted about my living room. When I've tidied up all my papers and paperwork, I might find them all and decide where to put them. Most probably sellotaped to my door.

Will I be putting up the fibre optic tree or lights? Dunno. I'm away for Christmas so will look forward to what Bournemouth has to offer.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Pests your post has brightened the site up like a beacon of light in the gloom!!!!!
Pests? There's only one of me, just likkle old me

It has?! Oh good.... beacon of light huh? - thanks ruthio
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Pests? There's only one of me, just likkle old me

It has?! Oh good.... beacon of light huh? - thanks ruthio
Another flipping typo!!!
Sorry!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 07:52 AM

I hope i never give up on Christmas, I'm not religious but i love the feeling of Christmas. I put up my tree even though I won't be here over Xmas. I might put a picture up later,

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top