Join for free
Page 33 of 72 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:44 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That sounds wonderful...

well, apart from the steak and ale pie. I eat very little meat because I hate fat and gristle.

I bet there's going to be lots of fat and gristle in your pie...
not that I'm trying to put you off or anything!
That's the thing JB, Deans pies are full of locally sourced LEAN meat....It's usually the pastry what upsets my tum....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Sounds great Foxy, I ran for a bus once

Enjoy your run
Yer havin' me on Summer, I bet you're as fit as a fiddle....Get some Lycra on an come for a jog....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yer havin' me on Summer, I bet you're as fit as a fiddle....Get some Lycra on an come for a jog....
Ha! Me and Lycra? Don't think so Foxy I would want to scare the local population
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-08-2017, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ha! Me and Lycra? Don't think so Foxy I would want to scare the local population
Just a few Squirrels and Rabbits where I go Summer...Clothes are optional....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 11:37 AM

Mmmm Steak & ale pies yummy
Nice vision of ladies in lycra too, so I thought I'd pop in....

It's all happening in the City of Culture. After a patchy start earlier this year with nothing really up and running, Hull has certainly pulled out all the stops to create a vibrant, exciting year of events.

Today, I'll be going to a former cadet school training yard which is now normally a car park - but this year has been turned into an occasional concert venue.
'Zebedee's Yard' is almost purpose-built for seeing bands, except that if it should rain, you're a tad left out in the elements - but who cares if it's warm, the band is good and you've had a few tasty ales.

Happily today, the weather is good. Slightly overcast but it's nice and warm which is rather handy because I'll be watching The Stranglers at said venue later on today. Support is from Big Country, The Ruts and a great local outfit called Black Delta Movement (Doors-ish).

Can't beat Hull at the moment if you're an eternally youthful rock music fan.

Whatever you're doing in Yorkshire, or indeed anywhere for (those who may pop in here), have a great weekend!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
For one afternoon only Old Grey Fox will be appearing LIVE (well almost) at Deans Garden Centre t'other side of York..
Tickets are available on the door or you can send a cheque to (well never mind)
He will be giving demonstrations on how to avoid hunger while visiting a Garden Centre by devouring one of Deans legendary Steak and Ale pies accompanied by Potatoes Brocolli and Carrots, followed up with a generous helping of Treacle Sponge and Custard...

Interested parties can then sign up to join him on Sunday mornings eleven....Yes....ELEVEN mile run round the glorious countryside of South Yorkshire before he embarks on his 'World Tour' next Friday starting off in Guernsey..(well it will only be Guernsey really)...

Looking forward to meeting as many members as possible....
I've not been to that garden centre Foxy but I love pie, I try to resist because of the cholesterol. There's a place in Hunmanby called the Piebald Inn and it has the biggest selection of pies I've ever seen. Me, not being a big eater, I like the fact that you can have half a portion and they pack the rest up for you to take home.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 11:53 AM

Summer, you and me are going to have to start chatting! I see Foxy has reached 'Chatterbox' status and he's not been here as long as us!
Val J
East Yorkshire

12-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Mmmm Steak & ale pies yummy
Nice vision of ladies in lycra too, so I thought I'd pop in....

It's all happening in the City of Culture. After a patchy start earlier this year with nothing really up and running, Hull has certainly pulled out all the stops to create a vibrant, exciting year of events.

Today, I'll be going to a former cadet school training yard which is now normally a car park - but this year has been turned into an occasional concert venue.
'Zebedee's Yard' is almost purpose-built for seeing bands, except that if it should rain, you're a tad left out in the elements - but who cares if it's warm, the band is good and you've had a few tasty ales.

Happily today, the weather is good. Slightly overcast but it's nice and warm which is rather handy because I'll be watching The Stranglers at said venue later on today. Support is from Big Country, The Ruts and a great local outfit called Black Delta Movement (Doors-ish).

Can't beat Hull at the moment if you're an eternally youthful rock music fan.

Whatever you're doing in Yorkshire, or indeed anywhere for (those who may pop in here), have a great weekend!
I wonder if there's anything on in Hull tomorrow. I'm staying at my fave Hull hotel overnight til Monday, will have to see what's happening, otherwise I'll just end up shopping!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I wonder if there's anything on in Hull tomorrow. I'm staying at my fave Hull hotel overnight til Monday, will have to see what's happening, otherwise I'll just end up shopping!
I've found these for tomorrow, Val. Your best bet may be the Hull Show at East Park?

Epicycle – West Park
Floating Cinema – Hull Marina
Character-Fest – East Park
Hull Blitz Trail – City Centre
The Rembrandt Collection – Ferens Art Gallery
Bill Bailey’s Cabinet Of Curiosities – Hull Maritime Museum
Offshore – Artists Explore The Sea – Ferens
The Hull Show – East Park
Cover bands spectacular – Zebedee’s Yard
Val J
East Yorkshire

12-08-2017, 07:25 PM

Thanks Floydy, I like the sound of the Hull Show but can't find anything about parking! If all else fails it'll be Beverley on Sunday and Hull Monday. May call in the Ferens, browse the rest of the gallery that we missed last time and then stay for one of their delicious coffees!

Page 33 of 72 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top