Join for free
Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 11:13 AM

Re: A tragic accident. [Loughborough Junction deaths]

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
At least these three young men weren’t riding round on mopeds stealing phones and watches and stabbing people randomly. Nor, were they chucking acid into the faces of innocent people.

Then of course we have people raving about the celebrity graffiti artist Banksy who did the very same thing and he is revered for it.

It’s a funny old world... isn’t it?
I have yet to talk to anyone who revered's Banksy Art.
As far as I am concerned he is just another criminal vandal who deserves to be locked up and made to pay to have all of his **ite removed from wherever they are..
Eyesores the lot of them!

There are tons more about but.
You get my drift?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I think you have summed up the whole situation there Twink, and I stand back in admiration.

Perhaps I am being rather cynical though, when I say what happened may encourage MORE graffiti and risk taking.
I see his so called friends are already posting shrines all over the place in 'honour' or their dead vandal criminal friends.

Whenever I am about anywhere I absolutely hate graffiti with a vengeance. All it does is deface our towns and cities, and guess who pays for the cleaning up of a lot of this abomination Twink?
WE DO!

All we can do is hope that some families will discourage their children from taking such risks.

Sadly Britain has become so PC that people are afraid to stop the creation of shrines..... but it should be stopped!
I know people want to remember their lost ones , but often the laying of flowers where somebody has died causes problems, because they distract people's attention from staying safe! I remember an elderly couple having a nasty fall in town, where a mother laid flowers, every day, in memory of her son....but never cleared them up! I think a grave is where you should lay floral tributes, not the high street! The couple were taken , by ambulance, to A&E.
Unfortunately, everyone wants their own way these days, and nobody, in charge, has the guts to say "No" so the public will always have to pay one way or another
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
All we can do is hope that some families will discourage their children from taking such risks.

Sadly Britain has become so PC that people are afraid to stop the creation of shrines..... but it should be stopped!
I know people want to remember their lost ones , but often the laying of flowers where somebody has died causes problems, because they distract people's attention from staying safe! I remember an elderly couple having a nasty fall in town, where a mother laid flowers, every day, in memory of her son....but never cleared them up! I think a grave is where you should lay floral tributes, not the high street! The couple were taken , by ambulance, to A&E.
Unfortunately, everyone wants their own way these days, and nobody, in charge, has the guts to say "No" so the public will always have to pay one way or another
I do not believe it!

I am agreeing with every word you say there Twink.
Particularly in reference to the PC crowd.
Ruining our country and free speech that lot are.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

21-06-2018, 01:45 PM

In lovely Rhos On Sea were we live occasionally and we want to get to our local Liddle we take a path and steps to take us over the railway line and this is what we have to pass and see.

Artistry my backside!
Eyesore graffiti, that is what this is!
I could post more pictures from the route, but you get my drift?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	9BD4C813-80F5-4500-94C2-F393597CBBDF.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	6273   Click image for larger version

Name:	B1D5A4A6-11C4-4DF8-A843-CBD79B78BB6A.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	6274   Click image for larger version

Name:	E15D98B0-C4A8-4856-85F3-91880AEDD49B.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	6275  
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Dunno about that B.
Please remember that all costs of paying for security on every inch of the countries train lines may fall to the Train Companies.
But remember who that cost will inevitably get passed on to.
The Train travelling public.
Us mugs.
That's who!
Yes, eventually the customer. As with all safety measures.
Even down to the safety shutters on 13A receptacles. But, does that mean we shouldn't do it?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, eventually the customer. As with all safety measures.
Even down to the safety shutters on 13A receptacles. But, does that mean we shouldn't do it?
Lost me there. Do you mean sockets?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Lost me there. Do you mean sockets?
Yes. And the additional insulation on the live and neutral pins on the plugs for that matter.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 07:28 PM

Hi

I have a simple view of this.

It was their choice, their decision, they died as a result of their own personal choice.

That does not mean that I condone their actions, or that I do not think that it was a trgic avoidable loss of live.

My heart goes out to their familes, who will be grieving, so avoidable.

It was however their choive.

I have for more sympathy with the poor sod who was driving the train, he was just doing his job.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:59 PM

I feel sorry for the driver too.

I like some graffiti when it is a work of art, but not meaningless scrawls.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 09:20 PM

The place where they were spraying had very limited clearance. Rail workers would not be allowed to work there without getting the line blocked to all trains.

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top