Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 02:30 PM

Rude Awakening!

It's that time of year again already! I was woken at 6.30 by a racket outside, I struggled out of bed muttering, "Those flippin' geese are two weeks early!" Thinking I'd missed a photo of geese landing in the field along the road, I manage to see them every year but never have the camera on me!
However, it was my "favourite" The Hunt! Dogs barking madly, upsetting the turkeys next door who joined in with startled gobbling! I think they were exercising the pack in Mr. Getofmyland's fields (that really belong to Charlie) Bloomin' racket was bad enough, but, I realized one of the cats was out! So I had to go out & get soaked to call her in, as she came in the other went out. She's the type to confront them!
Eventually got both in & closed the windows! Bloomin' hunt, I wish it was completely banned!
Then at 10 I took the dog out & had to walk twice as far as usual as I could hear the dogs behind us & was worried they'd pick on Floyd!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Re: Rude Awakening!

Yes I use to hate it anywhere near my place in Cornwall because of my cats and dogs but also a deer grazes in the corner of my field, I use to refuse them entry to my field but when ever I wasnt looking they would go in I use to get very cross.
Thankfuly the hunters here have more manners and dont go across my land and keep the dogs under control. Plus they hunt to eat not for yuppie fun.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 03:22 PM

Ggggrrrrr !!
I liked to get on me horse and hunt a few of them !
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 03:39 PM

Go girl!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 03:39 PM

Years ago had the misfortune to witness them pull a dog apart on the village green, poor old man with his elderly terrier he didn't stand a chance to stop it, couple of years later they went through my cousins garden just broke through the hedge and took her beautiful rabbit babs out of her arms and killed it in front of her, she was only 8 so traumatised by it.

I never understand if my dogs were out of control like that I would be in trouble so why are they allowed to terrorise the countryside ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 04:11 PM

My daughter comes across them spread out across the road every year & gives them a mouth-full! If it was anyone else's animals they'd be in trouble! They broke into my neighbour's son's garden one year & killed chickens.
The sound of that horn makes my blood run cold!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 04:13 PM

Me too - bunch of idiots !!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

28-09-2013, 05:27 PM

It's funny they always say on TV or at least give the impression that us country folk support hunting but, I know of very few people who do and you don't get much more rural than here.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 05:46 PM

They try to set townies against country when they do that, much like with other policies they set rich against poor and north against south. It's politics of idiots IMO but they don't seem keen to stop it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-09-2013, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
It's funny they always say on TV or at least give the impression that us country folk support hunting but, I know of very few people who do and you don't get much more rural than here.
They say - whatever fits the bill .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top