Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 06:31 PM

Re: Rude Awakening!

I thought hunting to kill, with dogs, was banned several years ago and is still is.
Trouble is, while alot of the well-to-do "toffs," and landowners, plus the Royals, and the like (even a police officer I know of), enjoy this relentless, sadistic, bloodthirsty pursual of another creature, nothing will be enforced. I used to be a farmers wife, and I would never have allowed them on our land, and if they ignored my wishes, they would not get away with it twice!
I do however, feel that in certain circumstances if you have to dispatch a pest, it should be quick and clean, and hopefully the creature would not suffer. What I do loathe is the way so many people and dogs join in, ganging up on just one animal, chasing and terriifying it until its lungs are nearly bursting, and then having the mentality to call it "Sport". To me, sport is something willingly participated in by two equal opponentsAs you can gather, I feel rather strongly about the hunting fraternity!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 06:35 PM

Good for you Mups .....
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 07:03 PM

I don't have a lot of time for the hunt, but this will make you smile.

In our last house, we lived overlooking a lane where the huntsmen would ride up in all their finery to the local pub for a 'stirrup cup'. I thought I'd stand in the garden, just to have a closer look and the Chief Cheese on the front horse saw me. He duly lifted his hat and all the others followed suit - all I could manage was a sort of half-hearted wave , whilst muttering under my breath...............

Gwyn
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 07:33 PM

Trying to get you 'on side' huh ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=Pats CG;354282]Good for you Mups .....[/QUOT

Thanks Pats CG, I'm afraid I go off on one about the shooting fraternity too. 20 - 30 guns to kill a terrified bird . . . . .
They're not even killing because they need food - no, once again it's all in the name of "sport".
Shame on the lot of 'em.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 10:33 PM

Absolutely!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 12:40 AM

Disgusting creatures. That's the huntsmen, not the animals.

As Oscar Wilde once said with regard to fox hunting: The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible.

It has been outlawed, as far back as 2005. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_hunting
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 01:18 PM

makes me feel sick thinking about it ...i could never harm an animal...and to think of them running for their lives with a pack of dogs after one animal is evil....how do these scum get away with it when it's been banned???
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 03:21 PM

They say they're drag hunting, where a trail is laid by someone dragging a sack with something smelly, through the fields for the hounds to follow. I've never seen anyone drag something through the fields!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-09-2013, 03:23 PM

The 'guilty' come up with all sorts to squirm out of a situation ....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top