Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2013, 10:15 PM

Re: Rude Awakening!

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
The 'guilty' come up with all sorts to squirm out of a situation ....

True Pats CG, they've already started "cubbing" around here.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 06:40 PM

And Twizard they exercise the hunt dogs on the Quantocks and when a mauled sheep is found, pet dogs are blamed! If they're dogs bred for hunting it doesn't take a giant leap of common sense to realise that it is they that have mauled the sheep, despite there being signs up all over the place not to allow the dogs offlead at certain times of the year when ground birds are fledgling.

GGRRRRRR - I too live in Somerset.

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
It's that time of year again already! I was woken at 6.30 by a racket outside, I struggled out of bed muttering, "Those flippin' geese are two weeks early!" Thinking I'd missed a photo of geese landing in the field along the road, I manage to see them every year but never have the camera on me!
However, it was my "favourite" The Hunt! Dogs barking madly, upsetting the turkeys next door who joined in with startled gobbling! I think they were exercising the pack in Mr. Getofmyland's fields (that really belong to Charlie) Bloomin' racket was bad enough, but, I realized one of the cats was out! So I had to go out & get soaked to call her in, as she came in the other went out. She's the type to confront them!
Eventually got both in & closed the windows! Bloomin' hunt, I wish it was completely banned!
Then at 10 I took the dog out & had to walk twice as far as usual as I could hear the dogs behind us & was worried they'd pick on Floyd!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 09:15 PM

I'm just waiting for my middle daughter to phone up with her annual rant about the hunt blocking the road, they completely ignore the motorists who are trying to pass, every year she has "words" with them, one day she'll get arrested!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 10:42 PM

Pig ignorant they are. Think they've got the right to do just as they want.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 11:04 AM

I get fed up of being told they aren't all toffs...common people hunt too.

Yeah! because they like mixing with the toffs.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 11:43 AM

Exactly - commoners wanting to be 'toffs'
Falconer
Lancashire
Falconer is male  Falconer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 12:25 PM

May I have a quick word with regard to my own form of hunting?. I hunt only wild rabbits, but with Buzzards...and why?.
Well, the wild rabbit populations MUST be controlled, and there are three way's this can be achieved...Firstly, the farmer can gas the burrow's, leaving No wild coney's at ALL!...secondly, they can be allowed to over-populate, (which will induce Myxymatosis...and if you've ever seen the results of this you will gladly acquiesce to the third, and most natural, form of coney-control)...which is Falconry!.
Our birds are trained to kill in the strike, (humanely), and will only take 15-20 quarry to foot in a month, per bird, which thins out the warrens to a more manageable level...(oh, and we NEVER take quarry during the breeding season!).
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 12:30 PM

Then thats fine Falc - not exactly doing it for fun - what !
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 06:49 PM

That is wholly different to hunting as a sport.

Originally Posted by Falconer ->
May I have a quick word with regard to my own form of hunting?. I hunt only wild rabbits, but with Buzzards...and why?.
Well, the wild rabbit populations MUST be controlled, and there are three way's this can be achieved...Firstly, the farmer can gas the burrow's, leaving No wild coney's at ALL!...secondly, they can be allowed to over-populate, (which will induce Myxymatosis...and if you've ever seen the results of this you will gladly acquiesce to the third, and most natural, form of coney-control)...which is Falconry!.
Our birds are trained to kill in the strike, (humanely), and will only take 15-20 quarry to foot in a month, per bird, which thins out the warrens to a more manageable level...(oh, and we NEVER take quarry during the breeding season!).
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 08:40 PM

Why not let the birds free & let them kill for food, why do people have to control them?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top