Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 07:34 PM

Re: Who do dogs like

Dont agree with the opposite to that though - dogs are generally friendly, would you choose your friends on the dogs say so .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Dont agree with the opposite to that though - dogs are generally friendly, would you choose your friends on the dogs say so .....
No if I did that I would have to be everyone's friend as mine are not too discriminating as I have said.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 07:43 PM

Exactly !
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
It does make you wonder what they pick up on that we don't.
I think this is the point, and if I may so the posts above have generally started from the wrong standpoint. Dogs are not humans in fur coats, we should (I might even we MUST) try to look at the world through a dogs eyes, and even then no matter how 'clever' the media and the teaching institutions tell us that humans are, the reality is we are ignorant of the dogs view of the world, we must be because we can not communicate with them.

Many humans now and in the past have choosen to study dogs and every year some university graduate comes out with a theory which they hope will get them an honours degree or some such bit of paper, but the fact is they are only marginally closer to understanding dogs.

Dogs are generally social animals and they don't have any sense of the things we as humans don't like and as described in post 1 above, they have huge faith in people which sadly is often misplaced.

So why do they like these people when the OP doesn't? we'll never know, just enjoy them and try to avoid the obnoxious humans as much as possible
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2013, 07:46 PM

Exactly - again !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 07:59 PM

Dogs are not humans in fur coats
I am not entirely certain mine know that and I am not about to tell them they are wrong.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 08:21 PM

I agree with Losos, you have to be a dog to understand a dogs nature. As far as my dog is concerned, he's very friendly and would shake paws with the devil, he loves everyone.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 09:40 PM

I try to avoid these two people like the plague but my damn dog as soon as he spots them starts whimpering and crying out .... and sadly they hear him before I've had chance to disappear down an alley to avoid them.!

I think also what dogs pick up on and react to are way beyond our knowledge - the way their cognition kicks into gear is probably very different to ours. We can hope they'll be on our side when the time is right - sadly I would never be sure my one would!

Originally Posted by Losos ->

So why do they like these people when the OP doesn't? we'll never know, just enjoy them and try to avoid the obnoxious humans as much as possible

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top