Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 06:51 PM

Language!

I thought for a while this guy was a ventriloguist but nah.

That is one foul mouthed Cockatoo.

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Re: Language!

I couldn't understand a word the bird was saying! They only repeat what they hear anyway don't they
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I couldn't understand a word the bird was saying! They only repeat what they hear anyway don't they
Well neither could I but apparently it was pretty blue. Still quite funny though.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 07:02 PM

That was hilarious Mark, as much for the bird's actions as for it's language.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well neither could I but apparently it was pretty blue. Still quite funny though.
My Nan had a bird that could talk (not sure what it was but it was a big black thing) and when the rent man called at the house, this bird would tell the rent collector in no uncertain terms where he could go my Nan used to look horrified but, as she said, with five sons in the armed forces, the bird was unlikely to quote poetry
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
My Nan had a bird that could talk (not sure what it was but it was a big black thing) and when the rent man called at the house, this bird would tell the rent collector in no uncertain terms where he could go my Nan used to look horrified but, as she said, with five sons in the armed forces, the bird was unlikely to quote poetry
It was probably a mynah bird, my mum had one.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2013, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It was probably a mynah bird, my mum had one.
That's it - a mynah bird (odd how you can't think of it until someone says it!). Chattery little thing and it used to cheat when my uncles were playing cards by standing next to another player and calling our random cards that the bird reckoned they were holding
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 10:16 PM

I adore parrots, always have done. I have a friend who breeds the beautiful Macaws, and another who does parrot rescue. Lovely birds.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2013, 12:06 AM

The garden centre, near where we lived in Bournville, used to have a parrot and I always used to take the children there to see the parrot and they always ended up laughing their heads off at that bird. You'd walk up to the cage and he'd cock his head on one side and say (in a parroty voice - quite high pitched as well) 'heeelllloooo, how are you'. The parrot always used to talk about someone called Jane wanting to know where the keys are then it would look at you and say 'have you got the keys' - funny to listen to. Goodness knows what conversations it had listened to
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 01:03 AM

The lovely girl who cuts my hair has two African Greys, and one of them imitates the telephone perfectly, and he also keeps calling their poor dog!
I wish I had got one when I was a bit younger, but a bit late now as they are so long lived. I worry enough about what would happen to my dogs if I popped my clogs, let alone a parrot as well!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top