Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 05:32 PM

Re: Black Friday 27th November 2017. Don't Spend 'Till Then?

Hi

My son lives in Taiwan, he is very Techy, as are his friends.

They make an awful lot of electronics in Taiwan, unknown brands here, but superb quality and very cheap.

Laptops, tablets, phones, the list is endless.

I needed some new high powered LED lighting for my aquarium.

£380 here, same thing, same specification, £70 there, it is just the name on the box that is different.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My son lives in Taiwan, he is very Techy, as are his friends.

They make an awful lot of electronics in Taiwan, unknown brands here, but superb quality and very cheap.

Laptops, tablets, phones, the list is endless.

I needed some new high powered LED lighting for my aquarium.

£380 here, same thing, same specification, £70 there, it is just the name on the box that is different.
I agree Swim.
This is why in any supermarket we will always buy the cheaper store brand rather than the well known more expensive whatever.
I hardly never notice any difference in quality.
Indeed.
Sometimes the store brand can even be better.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Whichever date it was Black Friday completely passed me by. I'm a bit absorbed at the moment looking for a good buy/reasonably priced new kitchen and saw no Black Friday deals at all. I think I might have to work pretty hard to get a good deal for the price I want to pay. I never knew kitchens could get so complicated and expensive.

Got a fantastic kitchen from IKEA. Got in their kitchen event which I think is in October every year. Whatever, mines coming up six years and it's still beautiful and I do get complemented on it
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:15 PM

So then folks.
It is Black Friday proper tomorrow.
There have already been a lot of so called Black Friday offers around,
but I think the better bargains will be tomorrow.
I am keeping an eye out for one of the later IPhones such as the IPhone 7 range,
or maybe even the latest 8 range.
Are you on the lookout for anything specific in a hoped for bargain then?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 09:25 PM

some shops are starting at 9pm tonight
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

23-11-2017, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
some shops are starting at 9pm tonight
Thanks for info.
I will be checking later Annie.
Particularly for Apple IPhones.
I expect to get some Black Friday offer E. Mails off whoever.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 09:42 PM

I got grandsons Christmas pressie today on a Black Friday promotion. I also had a free £25 voucher so it worked out that I got twice the lap top for just an extra £15 out lay which I'm happy with
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 09:47 PM

I was pleased I went into Bon Marche yesterday as they were selling everything Buy one, get 2nd half price . so the velvet trousers I had had my eye on on Monday I got for £30 instead of £40 . I was well chuffed. I am going into S/Drug tommorrow to see if they have any offers on some perfume I have my eye on.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 09:48 PM

You can not save money buying things you do not need, even if they are at discount.

The only way to save money is, not to spend it.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

24-11-2017, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I was pleased I went into Bon Marche yesterday as they were selling everything Buy one, get 2nd half price . so the velvet trousers I had had my eye on on Monday I got for £30 instead of £40 . I was well chuffed. I am going into S/Drug tommorrow to see if they have any offers on some perfume I have my eye on.
Hey Apricot.
I like to smell nice too, and I usually rely on either JOOP or Paco Raban to achieve that.
I have had Women who have said how nice I smell.
May I ask what perfume you usually use in order to smell nice?

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top