Join for free
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Macbook help

I have a macbook but don't know how to right click on it, any ideas? I think it needs some sort of setting up.

I have to use my PC to download photos etc.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 08:08 PM

Re: Macbook help

My Mac's a desktop, and an older one; can't help. As far as I know that right click thing is a PC thing. Hopefully Mags or Azz can help.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 08:12 PM

Sorry moetmum, I'm unable to help either as I have a desktop Mac.

Hopefully Azz or maybe Moli will be able to help you....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 09:10 PM

Which Macbook is it?

Try going to System Prefs > Mouse and see if you can activate it in that

Or you could try holding down the CTRL key and then clicking with the normal (mouse) button.. that should emulate a right click.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Which Macbook is it?

Try going to System Prefs > Mouse and see if you can activate it in that

Or you could try holding down the CTRL key and then clicking with the normal (mouse) button.. that should emulate a right click.
Which Macbook, thats too technical for me!

I don't think I have a mouse button unless you mean the long bar at the bottom of the pad? Will try the Systems pref route and see what happens. If all else fails I might buy a little plug in mouse.

Thank you
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 10:30 PM

Do you have the Apple symbol at the top left of the screen? If you click on that it should bring up "About this Mac" which will tell you make, model, etc. At least it does on my older desktop.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2009, 10:41 PM

Found this by googling ........ it may work

http://macnewsblog.com/2006/05/can_y...o_do_this.html
moetmum
Hampshire

31-10-2009, 09:52 PM

Thank you everybody, I seem to have done it, managed to post two pics tonight It seems very sensitive though!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 02:10 PM

Touching two fingers simultaneously on the trackpad is the same as right-click, at least on my MacBook.

It's easier than it sounds. I especially like the force-touch for the dictionary.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top