Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:29 PM

Re: Dont know whats right/wrong

As I mentioned back in post 7, I was concerned about the vaccine along with the weakened immune system.

But as I also said, leave it to the medics to advise.
They know her history and treatment and we don't.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But as I also said, leave it to the medics to advise.
Unfortunately the "medics" will just do as they are told. They will follow the mantra and protocol they have been issued by Big Pharma which is why they are busily engaged in pushing the flu jab. Some of them are totally ignorant of the facts about the vaccine, others know it is snake oil but stay silent because otherwise they would lose their jobs and careers. Some have spoken out tentatively going as far as they dare saying "why does the NHS spend so much time and effort on pushing the flu vaccine when that money could be spent on mental health" etc.

In the case of "leaving it with the medics or your GP" to deal with, the flu vaccine is definitely NOT the one to do that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 02:16 AM

Realist efficacy depends on age. Children age 2 to 6 are the best cohort. Not only is the vaccine highly effective in that group but they are also high "spreaders" both to parent and peers. NB there is a Cochrane library report on this.

Most studies recommend giving the vaccine to adults with serious conditions particularly copd and other respiratory diseases. It is always worth saving one life out of a group.

It's extremely difficult to compare studies on this. There are so many variables and the vaccine has changed over time.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Some have spoken out tentatively going as far as they dare saying "why does the NHS spend so much time and effort on pushing the flu vaccine when that money could be spent on mental health" etc.
Flu vaccines aren't expensive even if you pay privately. It would not fund much mental health treatment. I've been having a vaccine ever since I had flu 7 years ago. I ended up in a&e. I'd rather take a precaution that may work than end up so ill again. I was healthy but had i been sick with something serious then i can see how you can die. It was like being run over by a steamroller with wheels covered in nails.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:37 AM

I'd just like to say it's not my experience that my NHS GP or oncologist are just doing what NHS tell them, they have both looked at other treatments and ideas when I've suggested them, both been very quick to change and adapt therapies to my needs at this time. I can see with statins etc they may be pushing an agenda but with cancer they are very very careful to only do what is needed by each patient. The treatment is designed around the tumour no pushing of anything.

They wanted me to have the flu vac to protect me as I'd already had an awful cold that led to a chest infection so I couldn't take any chances that I'd get another as anti biotics are getting very hard for me to take I'm becoming more allergic to them each time I have to take them.

If I want to live and believe me I do, I am doing everything in my power to do so no one on an Internet forum will distract me from that and the poison they claim I've injected well what do you think chemo is ? I'm poisoned already
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd just like to say it's not my experience that my NHS GP or oncologist are just doing what NHS tell them, they have both looked at other treatments and ideas when I've suggested them, both been very quick to change and adapt therapies to my needs at this time. I can see with statins etc they may be pushing an agenda but with cancer they are very very careful to only do what is needed by each patient. The treatment is designed around the tumour no pushing of anything.

They wanted me to have the flu vac to protect me as I'd already had an awful cold that led to a chest infection so I couldn't take any chances that I'd get another as anti biotics are getting very hard for me to take I'm becoming more allergic to them each time I have to take them.

If I want to live and believe me I do, I am doing everything in my power to do so no one on an Internet forum will distract me from that and the poison they claim I've injected well what do you think chemo is ? I'm poisoned already
Julie, I agree with you, I have found exactly the same. When I had an allergic reaction to my IV treatment they stopped that treatment straight away and looked into other drugs. I start treatment again next week. The chemo is worked out for each individual taking into account height, weight etc. I was also advised to get my flu jab before treatment started. These are highly qualified doctors, my oncologist is passionate about helping his patients and would not advise having flu jab if not necessary.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:34 AM

Good for you Julie. Wise words.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Realist efficacy depends on age. Children age 2 to 6 are the best cohort. Not only is the vaccine highly effective in that group but they are also high "spreaders" both to parent and peers. NB there is a Cochrane library report on this.
What this one?

http://www.cochrane.org/CD004879/ARI...althy-children

"The review authors found that in children aged from two years, nasal spray vaccines made from weakened influenza viruses were better at preventing illness caused by the influenza virus than injected vaccines made from the killed virus. Neither type was particularly good at preventing 'flu-like illness' caused by other types of viruses."

"In children under the age of two, the efficacy of inactivated vaccine was similar to placebo. "

In short the article goes on to say that the proper studies just haven't been done in an unbiased and controlled manner to be able to suggest that the flu vaccine is of any use.

And the clincher in this particular report . . . .

"This review includes trials funded by industry . . .

Studies funded from public sources were significantly less likely to report conclusions favourable to the vaccines. The review showed that reliable evidence on influenza vaccines is thin but there is evidence of widespread manipulation of conclusions and spurious notoriety of the studies. The content and conclusions of this review should be interpreted in the light of this finding."

This should be a red warning light to those with objective minds.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2017, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Flu vaccines aren't expensive even if you pay privately. It would not fund much mental health treatment.
This is a total fallacy, pure fantasy. The flu vaccine is VERY VERY BIG BUSINESS.

This article explains how a loss-making vaccine business turned into a multi-billion dollar industry with the flu vaccine leading the way.

Make no mistake, the flu vaccine is VERY BIG BUSINESS.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...article572731/

"In a matter of a few years, flu shots have gone from being a marginal, money-losing business to a massive profit generator for a small number of global companies, as governments and the public hasten to protect themselves from getting sick."

"Between 2004 and 2007, vaccine sales across the industry soared an average of 32 per cent each year, with flu vaccine leading the way. That is roughly four times faster than any other pharmaceutical product."

"In a year that will be remembered for widespread public worry about the H1N1 virus, or swine flu, vaccines have become a $24-billion business. Analysts predict the global vaccine industry will top $40-billion by 2012. "

"Sanofi-Aventis expects to earn close to $6-billion (U.S.) in vaccine revenue next year and double its sales by 2013. This quarter, sales of H1N1 vaccine alone will top $500-million. It is suddenly a good time to be a flu shot maker.

"Vaccines, vaccines, wonderful business," Chris Viehbacher, the Canadian-born CEO of Sanofi-Aventis, told investment analysts on a conference call a few months ago.

It didn't take long for such calculations to be made in other boardrooms around the globe. The companies began acting quickly to expand: Novartis spent $5-billion to buy U.S.-based flu vaccine maker Chrion. Britain's Astra Zeneca paid $15-billion for Medimmune, and Glaxo purchased the old BioChem vaccine operation in Quebec for $1.4-billion."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2017, 12:17 PM

and the poison they claim I've injected well what do you think chemo is ? I'm poisoned already
Yep, and with it your immune system is damaged/poisoned. That being the case you'd think you'd be doing everything you can to avoid damaging it further and eating/drinking everything you can from Nature that will support and rebuild it. Putting chemicals in your body, like Thimerosal (highly toxic Mercury), formaldehyde, bogus flu vaccines hatched in chicken eggs is not something you want to be doing.

You need to put aside the emotional anecdotal sentiments and learn to be ruthlessly objective. Look at the published facts and then act on them.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top