Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2016, 10:11 PM

Billy Connolly re-run

Flicking through TV programmes I found an old Billy Connelly
'live' transmission.

'An Audience with Billy Connelly' ?

We used to love his sense of humour and delivery.

Watched a few minutes and found it fairly boring but then he started making a joke about incontinence !

Seriously not amusing in any way.

My late mother was doubly incontient towards the end of her life and, as her only visitor, it was pretty unpleasant.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 02:04 AM

Re: Billy Connolly re-run

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Flicking through TV programmes I found an old Billy Connelly
'live' transmission.

'An Audience with Billy Connelly' ?

We used to love his sense of humour and delivery.

Watched a few minutes and found it fairly boring but then he started making a joke about incontinence !

Seriously not amusing in any way.

My late mother was doubly incontient towards the end of her life and, as her only visitor, it was pretty unpleasant.
you shouldn't take him too seriously - anyhow he is trying to handle his own health problems now - none is immune
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 07:36 AM

He used to be a very amusing performer, until he reverted back to his old Glaswegian heritage and filled his act with foul language and expletives.
Turned me right off him, but he still goes down well in Scotland I believe.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 08:46 AM

I never liked him.
I wonder if he makes jokes about his own illnesses?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 08:47 AM

I never liked him either ....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 09:02 AM

Im a big fan of his, since i first listened to his early albums. And im sure some will take offence, a lot of humour borders on taboo subject.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 09:08 AM

I used to like his humour and have seen him live a couple of times but it just wouldn't work these days what with all the pc nonsense.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 10:00 AM

Nope never liked the guy or his humour.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 10:17 AM

Deary Me...We ALL know this thread has NOTHING to do with Someone being offended by a very funny non-pc skit performed 30/40 yrs ago,about an incontinent young Man going to the dancing...but EVERYTHING to do with Scots bashing...again..petty and immature..but the xenophobics & haters on here love it...come one come All...........The more sensible decent posters will ignore.

PS...My Mum,Husband,Sister became incontinent too when Their illness became terminal,as do millions of People all over the World...We didn't stupidly blame Connelly though
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Deary Me...We ALL know this thread has NOTHING to do with Someone being offended by a very funny non-pc skit performed 30/40 yrs ago,about an incontinent young Man going to the dancing...but EVERYTHING to do with Scots bashing...again..petty and immature..but the xenophobics & haters on here love it...come one come All...........The more sensible decent posters will ignore.

PS...My Mum,Husband,Sister became incontinent too when Their illness became terminal,as do millions of People all over the World...We didn't stupidly blame Connelly though
May
I am shocked and offended by your comment.

I have Scottish Ancestry and I DO NOT make snide or racist remarks.
Please get off my thread.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top