Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 10:19 AM

Secret Societies.

On my wedding day, about an hour after the ceremony, I was taken aside by one of our guests, a kindly older gentleman.
In a quiet voice he said he was a senior member of, The Brethren, and told me that he was going to explain the secret to a long and happy marriage.

He then went on to teach me the One Hundred and One different ways of saying, "Yes Dear."

Years later my Lovely Cousin let slip that she had been taken to one side at the same time by a senior member of, The Sisterhood, and taught the ancient art of, "Female Logic".

You know the sort of thing. "Twenty degrees Celsius in Winter is colder than twenty degrees Celsius in Summer."

She was also taught the correct way to do, The Pursing of The Lips, The Folding of The Arms, The Tapping of The Feets, and most important of all, The Look!

The correct response to any of these of course is ... "Yes Dear."

All I can say is that it has worked for the last thirty seven years. In all that time, my Lovely Cousin and I have never had an argument or a cross word.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 11:08 AM

Re: Secret Societies.

How lovely - that is really heart warming, Fruitcake!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 03:30 PM

How lovely fruitcake .
ptarmigan
New Member!
Northumberland, UK
ptarmigan is male 

07-12-2020, 03:35 PM

Another way of saying "tolerance and patience"?
Bobby Francis
California
Bobby Francis is male  Bobby Francis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
On my wedding day, about an hour after the ceremony, I was taken aside by one of our guests, a kindly older gentleman.
In a quiet voice he said he was a senior member of, The Brethren, and told me that he was going to explain the secret to a long and happy marriage.

He then went on to teach me the One Hundred and One different ways of saying, "Yes Dear."

Years later my Lovely Cousin let slip that she had been taken to one side at the same time by a senior member of, The Sisterhood, and taught the ancient art of, "Female Logic".

You know the sort of thing. "Twenty degrees Celsius in Winter is colder than twenty degrees Celsius in Summer."

She was also taught the correct way to do, The Pursing of The Lips, The Folding of The Arms, The Tapping of The Feets, and most important of all, The Look!

The correct response to any of these of course is ... "Yes Dear."

All I can say is that it has worked for the last thirty seven years. In all that time, my Lovely Cousin and I have never had an argument or a cross word.
Very nice, Fruits... 😊

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top