Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 06:09 AM

Re: Travel plans 2015

3 nights in Torquay in February, 4 nights in Reutlingen in Germany in June and 7 nights in Malcesine in Italy in July. That's all so far.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
3 nights in Torquay in February, 4 nights in Reutlingen in Germany in June and 7 nights in Malcesine in Italy in July. That's all so far.
Lots to look forward to Alan
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 10:05 AM

we have another cruise booked, 17 nights on Arcadia going round to Venice. And we'll be in Corfu for our ruby wedding anniversary!

Shall also go down to Cornwall for a few days in January to see our family. Apart. from that, we'll wait and see!

Next December will see us preparing to sail around the world again, in January 2016 - on Arcadia again (should've been this January, but I've recently had a cancer scare, so we put it back a year).
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 03:35 PM

I'd love another cruise but the single supplements can be the cost of the holiday again. Envious of the round the world trip! Wow. Give me a huge lottery win and I will be sure to book it.

Nothing concrete planned for next year but I would like some decent trips to somewhere warm. Might organise something around April time, maybe for 2-3 weeks. And it's possible, but not confirmed, that I could visit my friend in the USA. We've been discussing it for a few years, but I'll leave the final decision to her.

If not, then I will look at something big and interesting, maybe a place I've not been to before.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 03:46 PM

Cruises are so popular these days. Seems to be if you go on one cruise then you can't wait to go on another
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Cruises are so popular these days. Seems to be if you go on one cruise then you can't wait to go on another
I suspect that a cruise would be my idea of hell on earth (well, hell on the ocean).

After sailing back to England in the late 60s I realised that the ocean looks exactly the same in the middle as it does at the edges so I would rather look at it from land. The 10 days at sea between Freemantle and Durban was a tedium no amount of good food, fancy dress, bingo, dancing, variety shows and cheap booze could assuage.

For all the entertainment they offer I cannot just sit around with masses of people doing nothing I would want to get off.

Even the main advantage of duty free booze no longer applies, I am told it costs more on a cruise than at the local club.

My daughter is always trying to get us to go as a family on a cruise over Christmas but I am the one vetoing the idea. No thanks, I'd rather have a lobotomy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I suspect that a cruise would be my idea of hell on earth (well, hell on the ocean).

After sailing back to England in the late 60s I realised that the ocean looks exactly the same in the middle as it does at the edges so I would rather look at it from land. The 10 days at sea between Freemantle and Durban was a tedium no amount of good food, fancy dress, bingo, dancing, variety shows and cheap booze could assuage.

For all the entertainment they offer I cannot just sit around with masses of people doing nothing I would want to get off.

Even the main advantage of duty free booze no longer applies, I am told it costs more on a cruise than at the local club.

My daughter is always trying to get us to go as a family on a cruise over Christmas but I am the one vetoing the idea. No thanks, I'd rather have a lobotomy.
Me to Bruce stuck with the same people for days on end there would be no escape >>>shudders>>>
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

24-12-2014, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Bruce, I felt as miserable on the flight to Sydney. So I'd possibly feel the same on a cruise ship, although I know some people love cruises. We all like different holidays. I'd try a cruise though .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

24-12-2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Ive been looking at going to Scotland on a coach trip ,whats putting me off is the time it will take to get there,the alternative is Wales,Cornwall or Isle of Wight ,
Eliza, although I'm biased about Scotland , i couldn't travel all that way on a coach either.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

24-12-2014, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
we have another cruise booked, 17 nights on Arcadia going round to Venice. And we'll be in Corfu for our ruby wedding anniversary!

Shall also go down to Cornwall for a few days in January to see our family. Apart. from that, we'll wait and see!

Next December will see us preparing to sail around the world again, in January 2016 - on Arcadia again (should've been this January, but I've recently had a cancer scare, so we put it back a year).
Aww Deb! Congratulations on you Ruby Anniversary

Cruising around the world - what an experience!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top