Join for free
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 04:51 PM

Heating Oil Deliveries

I am fuming as we ordered oil on 1st March and are still waiting for a delivery. The firm we ordered from have our money but do not answer their phones, dont reply to emails and remove your Facebook comments.

It is finally “confirmed” as being delivered tomorrow so thats 17 days which I think is disgusting.

Whether it turns up or not tomorrow we will have to wait and see but I will name and shame tomorrow.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 05:05 PM

Re: Heating Oil Deliveries

Hi

We have no gas in the village.

We organise Oil Deliveries by means of a Club, a full tanker comes and tops up.

Much cheaper.

I am all electric, I have a Heat Pump.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 05:12 PM

We actually ran out of oil 2 weeks ago. A quick phone call at 4pm and the oil was delivered 8pm that same night

We always use a local supplier. Might be a penny a litre more, but they come out in an emergency
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 09:38 AM

I am praying that the oil arrives today as we have none left and thats after rationing out a tiny bit for each evening.

Its not just me, I have looked at a review site and loads and loads of people are complaining that they've waited weeks for their oil after paying in full.

It seems there is nothing I can do because I cant even speak to them to cancel my payment and order from someone else.

Its also snowing here now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:10 AM

The lack of LPG gas situation (not heating oil) was being discussed on the radio yesterday ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09tyzz3
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:22 AM

This is why we had the stoves put in, the fear of being reliant on oil and deliveries being messed up

Are there any petrol stations near you that sell heating oil? Expensive but a couple of jars will see you through

What company did you order off?
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK

17-03-2018, 10:39 AM

OK they have finally delivered!

It has been 17 days since I placed my order. I ordered online through FuelTool and they then passed it on to Homefuels Direct. It was Certas who delivered it in the end and the driver said he had come across loads of disappointed and angry people. So AVOID this company because its just not worth the hassle.

They dont answer their phones, they dont reply to emails and they delete comments on their Facebook page. It is impossible to communicate with anybody there.

The thing is when you order and pay with FuelTool you dont know who your supplier will be. Had I known I would have googled them and seen all their terrible reviews for Homefuels Direct!!! Everybody has the same story to tell as me sadly.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK

17-03-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
This is why we had the stoves put in, the fear of being reliant on oil and deliveries being messed up

Are there any petrol stations near you that sell heating oil? Expensive but a couple of jars will see you through

What company did you order off?
I dont know of any petrol stations around here that sell heating oil but I will ask now you have mentioned it.

We toyed with the idea of getting a woodburner but it meant as well as having it installed we would need to built a chimney and have a woodshed or something erected to store logs. thanks.
Mel15
Nowhere

17-03-2018, 10:51 AM

We had to put a twin walled flu straight out of the roof for the stove in out sitting room. Mums stove uses the chimney. We mostly burn smokeless so a coal bunker behind the garage. We do burn some logs but they are stored along the side of the house with just a canopy over them to stop the direct rain

Tbh, the stoves whilst expensive to install have paid for themselves now. Esp the year oil went to 80p a litre.

Do ask around as to who sells heating oil from the pump as its handy to know in times of dire need. Our local Spars do as well as a few local guys who sell red diesel and coal

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top