Join for free
Page 127 of 190 « First < 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:59 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Welcome back!

I, for one, missed you! I can't wait to read the above, but now I am the one trying to head out of town, running around like a chicken with my head cut off, so I will savor your report and respond in kind later this evening. I just wanted to catch you before you were off to bed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 11:19 PM

How lovely to get away from the cold dark winter for a bit Bob

It is good to have you back, I miss your journal even though I don't get time to post in it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 03:55 AM

Having just made that same itinerary in reverse, I do have to say that I understand a bit of disappointment having missed an inshore excursion here and there, but as you have said, sometimes some good relaxation with your toes up and your eyes on an aquamarine horizon with your favorite people is worth it. I will tell you that I too that the luster of cruising is not quite what it used to be.

I can't help but ask, but did you see the Pitons in St. Lucia from a distance? I have a friend who has a place on the bay near there and I found them stunning. What about seeing the islands as you passed by at night? With a healthy imagination, I loved sitting on the balcony or sometimes the promenade deck taking in the diamonds on the horizon and imagining the lives of those not so far away islanders.

As for walking/running the promenade deck, I'm pleased to hear you made a go of it. I always found it to be one of the less crowded areas on the ship. I ran those ovalslike a religion, though I can't imagine what the diners were thinking as I sped past the dining room windows every evening .

News of your piriformis is disappointing, and while I sound like a stuck needle are you to the place yet in which you need to consult a professional?

In all, you look none the worse for wear, and I am sure that in all your family had a great time together, affording you all a chance to get to know your future SIL better. Plus you now know how that Patterson book ends...

Enjoy the last stretch home and sleeping in your own bed!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 04:45 AM

Such a shame it didn't turn out as expected Bob, I kept thinking about you wondering what you were up to.

I bet you have a great tan though better than mine after a week in a very cold Majorca last week. Never mind summer is on it's way.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:58 PM

Thanks Meg, although I was unable to post en route, now I'm back I'll fill in some of the blanks as soon as I've caught up with the gossip..... Missed you guys too.....

It was still a most enjoyable holiday Summer, but I didn't seem to do some of the things I'd planned. We usually cruise with some friends about the same age as Mrs Fox and me and plan things well in advance...They are also a bit more interested in the cultural and architectural side of travel, although I don't mind settling on a nice beach now and then.

Would the 'Pitons' be the beautiful shaped hills in the distance Surfermom. They were just begging to be climbed... I suspect we haven't seen the best of the Caribbean, there is still some work to be done over there. Unfortunately the James Patterson book left me hanging on, and there is a follow on book, I believe some writers create a series of books continuing where the last one left off.........A bit disappointing if you ask me...

You are perfectly correct in your assumption Surfermom, my painful Piriformis has been going on far too long and come Monday I shall make an appointment with my GP, see what he has to say. And you are also correct about my looking forward to shuffling under the duvet of my own bed.....Some supper now, and I'm outa here until tomorrow......Thanks for looking in everyone.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 10:51 AM

After an eight and a half hour flight sitting behind the 'family from hell' loads of misbehaving children running up and down the isles climbing on the seats....And a singing Piriformis muscle, it was good to spot my first view of Bridgetown, Barbados. The larger of the two ships is actually the Azura......Our ship.... Sorry about the slightly misty shot, but the captain wouldn't let me open the window........Spoilsport!

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 11:06 AM

Welcome home Foxy.
I have now caught up on the posts.
Internet on ships!!! Never any good.
I hope you are seeing your GP soon, get that sorted.
Lovely pic from the plane.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-03-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Welcome home Foxy.
I have now caught up on the posts.
Internet on ships!!! Never any good.
I hope you are seeing your GP soon, get that sorted.
Lovely pic from the plane.
Thanks Sweetie Pie, it's good to be back behind the keyboard and with friends....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Sweetie Pie, it's good to be back behind the keyboard and with friends....
Yes, we have all been waiting to hear from you.
I bet you are glad, that snow has now gone.
A little sunshine to top up your tan eh?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-03-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Yes, we have all been waiting to hear from you.
I bet you are glad, that snow has now gone.
A little sunshine to top up your tan eh?
Yes Sweetie, it was quite a surprise when we arrived home to find no snow after hearing reports of massive snow falls closing schools and roads. Especially the 'Woodhead Pass' which is my prefered route over the Pennines. But to our surprise there was hardly any snow at all, even on the pass there was little evidence of snow. Just goes to show, don't believe anything you read in the news....

Page 127 of 190 « First < 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top