Join for free
Page 555 of 1676 « First < 55 455 505 545 553 554 555 556 557 565 605 655 1055 1555 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
lovely pugsey - keep em comin! hows ya new laptop comin along?? ready for Utube??
Good of you to ask,gummy....it's [Oh,I totes HATE having to admit this] ... {btw 'totes' is apparently acceptable only if one is under 35yo...but,soddem} ... anyflippinway-the new laptop is in the local repair shop!!! I made a HUGE mistake - I started it! THAT bolloxed it,I can tell yerz. I have NO idea what I did incorrectly...but whatever it was,it completely knackered the software. So...my ol' relahble keep on agoin',y'all. Fer the mo,anyway. I TRULY dunno what I did/didn't do...but whatever it was,Apple didn't like it/took offense. #sigh.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by pug ->
good of you to ask,gummy....it's [oh,i totes hate having to admit this] ... {btw 'totes' is apparently acceptable only if one is under 35yo...but,soddem} ... Anyflippinway-the new laptop is in the local repair shop!!! I made a huge mistake - i started it! That bolloxed it,i can tell yerz. I have no idea what i did incorrectly...but whatever it was,it completely knackered the software. So...my ol' relahble keep on agoin',y'all. Fer the mo,anyway. I truly dunno what i did/didn't do...but whatever it was,apple didn't like it/took offense. #sigh.
a shorter more convenient form of the word: Totally. This word is most commonly used by teenage girls.

The most obvious advantage of using this word is the time saved. Data collected at a prestigious university found that every syllable spoken takes approximately 0.14 seconds.

The same prestigious university also found that the average valley girl says the word totally around 190 times a day.

If you do the math, the average time saved by using the word totes as opposed to totally would save 26.6 seconds a day! Over the course of a year that adds up to 2.7 hours!!
Girl #1: I totes want to go to the shoe store because i totes need to purchase new heels.

Girl #2: Totes! I totes need a new pair too so i'll totes go with you.

Girl #3: Oh em gee! You guys saved 0.7 seconds by saying totes instead of totally!!
ya big girls blouse!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 02:08 AM

I say I say I say and I give you the Killarney strawberry tree that grows edible fruit - also indigenous to Greece. Jem have ya been keepin this one a secret from us now all dis time??

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardenin...w-to-grow.html

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
ya big girls blouse!!
Damn,you know me so well!

Honestly,I have NO idea what I did incorrectly,regarding the item of techware that is [supposedly] the best on the planet.
It has 'retina'...whatever that means,plus Siri,plus a 2tb hdd,plus 16gb rom,plus [it says] a quad-core A10 fusion-powered chipset....which apparently is jolly good.....but,I unpacked it,read the instructions diligently,charged it for several hours,pressed the Start button....and it had an epileptic seizure,threw it's toys out of the pram,told me to sod off...and point-blank refused to start. Wotdafu...er...I mean,so,how does one handle that? Ok-that's ZACKLY what I did. It's in the Apple shop,being peeled to the core [geddit?]and reset for use...and if they can't,I'll have a new one.
Cor blimey,guvnor...this ol' Toshiba what I'm usin' atm [another abbreviation for you to criticise,gumbo-have fun,old bean] is seven years old,slow,several drivers are out of date [thus I can't see the youtube videos when on a forum]....but it just keeps reliably chugging along. Anyway-I don't care,as I've been deeply engaged in teaching basic astro-physics to a local junior school,by invitation...and it somehow has become a mixed physics-and-harmonica-playing class
I have NO idea how that happened. We were looking at the 'Three Kings' [Alnitak,Alnilam and Mintaka,just in case anyone is unaware] and I was explaining that two of them are 'supergiants' plus what 'asterism' means...and somehow,the class became a "Lets learn stars AND harmonica" class....and I'm having LOADS of fun.
Plus,several of the nippers are REALLY pissing off their parents with off-key renditions of various simple blues tunes...yeah - fun is where you find it,so start looking.
Seek and ye shall find....
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

24-03-2018, 04:58 PM

Oh...just in case anyone actually gives a hoot;
the 'Three Kings' are the very bright,visible stars that make up the 'belt' in the constellation of Orion. Sorry....I'll now sidle off,pretending I'm not embarrassed...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 07:24 PM

I knew where the three kings were, do I get a badge?
Music and stars, what more could the kids want, best of luck with that project Pug.
You were a bit unlucky with the laptop, sorry I can’t advise you as I know nothing about them meself, me son does all the fixing for me, come to think of it he’s thinking of going to Italy to live with his wife and son, good luck to him, I’ll miss them badly but that’s life.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 07:29 PM

Re. the Killarney Tree.
Would I ever try to hide anything from you lot, why you know me inside out.
To be honest Gummy I’ve never heard tell of the Killarney tree, not that it’s not there but when I’m in Killarney I’ve got more important things to be doing than looking for strawberries. it’s all Greek to me.

I always thought the Totes were for backing horses.
Anyway what’s wrong with the kids saying totally, what about all the stupid things we used to say like Groovy, swell, hip, cool, cosmic, and that other one that had a few syllables dropped, Fabulous, that became Fab as in the Fab Four. Besides what you save on the syllables you lose on posting bullshit like I’m doing now.
I had a very strange dream last night, woke up and typed it out so I wouldn’t forget it, now I forgot what title I put it under but I’ll find it and post it to see what you lot think, very weird indeed, and all in HD.

Spitty’s OK, he used to take breaks before to charge himself up and it’s been a while since he last had one. he’s like one of them new fangled electric cars, he goes to the local garage, sits down on the forecourt with a packed lunch and plugs himself in for the duration, mark my words, he’ll be the brightest spark in the fire when he returns.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:28 PM

Well I've been to Killarney, and quite recently, but I never saw no strawberry tree.

Lovely scenery, lovely people, average weather. I did meet Father O'Flaherty. Cold as brass he was; well bronze anyway.

The Vatican Pimpernel he was called. Saved thousands of people from being killed by the Italian Fascists so he did. A fine fella I think, so he was.

Strawberry trees though, not a single mention anywhere.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

25-03-2018, 12:04 AM

I believe they made a film about Fr.O' Flaherty Fruity, Peckery Greg played the part.
Well if those four nice Liverpool lads can have their Strawberry Fields Forever, why not the Kerry lads have their Strawberry Trees Forever, don’t know about the Tangerine Trees either, but many’s the morning I woke up in Killarney with Marmalade eyes, usually after sampling old man Casey’s new batch of poteen, who needs LSD when you can have good first class poteen, and any left over in the bottle you can use to take paint off doors or sterilise your drains, kills 100% of all known germs, that’s how some of these Kerry mountain dwellers live to be way into their 100’s.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-03-2018, 07:46 AM

I have just been introduced to the "Peaky Blinders" and enthralled with it at present on series 3 ep 1 as we say in the trade - birmingham in the 1920 - fashions were great and the women horny!!

and one of our top actors Sam Neil playing the evil irish superintendant!

Page 555 of 1676 « First < 55 455 505 545 553 554 555 556 557 565 605 655 1055 1555 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top