Join for free
Page 61 of 274 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 > Last »
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 08:40 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

I expect I'm the only one here that thinks Bohemian Rhapsody is an over hyped load of old bo****ks.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I suspect that there are several of us watching...

In my case, my music tastes are so crazily eclectic that it might be better to listen than to speak.
Then I'm sure we would enjoy listening to your views and hear about your own personal tastes Surfermom
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Women do like (as I do) Jackson Browne who has always been the ultimate song-writer's songwriter with his lyrics.

Any room for Towers Van Zandt on the big 1000?
I was listening to Townes Van Zandt on the way home from work......spooky! ( not Towers btw!)

This track, in fact ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVuiCfIFKT0
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 09:44 PM

I was listening to Alanis Morrissette's Jagged Little Pill album on the way home from work. ( as well as Van Zandt.....it's a long commute!)

First time I'd played it for ages. .....Absolutely brilliant. A lyrical Masterpiece and a damn good rock out and I thought surely this is in Floydy's top 1000.

Have I missed it or is it yet to appear?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I was listening to Alanis Morrissette's Jagged Little Pill album on the way home from work. ( as well as Van Zandt.....it's a long commute!)

First time I'd played it for ages. .....Absolutely brilliant. A lyrical Masterpiece and a damn good rock out and I thought surely this is in Floydy's top 1000.

Have I missed it or is it yet to appear?
Hi Moscow.
Yes indeed Jagged Little Pill is in the list (around the 400 mark without checking I think). You haven't missed it yet and it is a great record. Another of her albums, 'Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie' appeared earlier on
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:18 PM

Perhaps Surfermom likes The Beach Boys ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I expect I'm the only one here that thinks Bohemian Rhapsody is an over hyped load of old bo****ks.
Possibly. I hated it in the seventies but grew to like it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 02:38 AM

Ha, ok, Floyd. Be prepared for the influences of a California upbringing and parents who loved everything musical genre out there.

Great CN track. It's new to me and so I'm exploring that album. Waiting for the inevitable CSN and CSNY that will show up higher, I am guessing?

There is a great story about how Crosby and Stills formed. Apparently they were at party at Joni Mitchell's (Stills claimed it was Cass Elliot's) house and Nash asked C and S if they would sing this song and if he could sing along, improvising a third harmony part. Apparently, the whole room went silent and Crosby said he knew instantly they had a sound that would be hard to beat. This of course was in the time of great harmony groups like the Everly Brothers, The Byrds, and my Beach Boys (good guees, Psmith .

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 03:12 AM

Oh, and I would rank Coldplay, Parachutes higher. Seminal without a bad track on the album.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Ha, ok, Floyd. Be prepared for the influences of a California upbringing and parents who loved everything musical genre out there.

Great CN track. It's new to me and so I'm exploring that album. Waiting for the inevitable CSN and CSNY that will show up higher, I am guessing?

There is a great story about how Crosby and Stills formed. Apparently they were at party at Joni Mitchell's (Stills claimed it was Cass Elliot's) house and Nash asked C and S if they would sing this song and if he could sing along, improvising a third harmony part. Apparently, the whole room went silent and Crosby said he knew instantly they had a sound that would be hard to beat. This of course was in the time of great harmony groups like the Everly Brothers, The Byrds, and my Beach Boys (good guees, Psmith .

Great track!

Page 61 of 274 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top