Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 05:25 PM

In search of the sun

We have been looking for some time for a Summer holiday.
Most likely it will be taken in June.
We have friends in Cheshire, who recommended a place called Sunny Beach in Bulgaria, a place I have never been.
As the GBP is not too good, I was avoiding countries that take the Euro. Sunny Beach looks lovely, and the exchange rate is brilliant. It is so cheap there. The problem is actually getting there. Flights to Sofia, the nearest airport, are expensive!
We could fly to the USA for the same price. There are cheaper flights to another airport, but then there is a 5 hour plus journey!

I would appreciate anyone recommending places, that our pound goes a little further, and is nice and sunny. I also like to visit historical sites.
Thank-you in advance.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 05:32 PM

Re: In search of the sun

Well since you like sun and historical sites, Sweetie darlin' the ultimate has to be the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, but June is far too early in the year, you would roast at that time of the year, much better in November, but it will still be 35 oc at that time of year.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Well since you like sun and historical sites, Sweetie darlin' the ultimate has to be the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, but June is far too early in the year, you would roast at that time of the year, much better in November, but it will still be 35 oc at that time of year.
We are going to New York in November Joe.
I am sure I would love to go to Egypt, but I do worry about our safety in this current climate if you get my drift.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
We have friends in Cheshire, who recommended a place called Sunny Beach in Bulgaria, a place I have never been.
As the GBP is not too good, I was avoiding countries that take the Euro. Sunny Beach looks lovely, and the exchange rate is brilliant. It is so cheap there. The problem is actually getting there. Flights to Sofia, the nearest airport, are expensive!
We could fly to the USA for the same price. There are cheaper flights to another airport, but then there is a 5 hour plus journey!

I would appreciate anyone recommending places, that our pound goes a little further, and is nice and sunny. I also like to visit historical sites.
Thank-you in advance.
£134 return for two mid June Easy Jet
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->

Thank-you in advance.
£134 return for two mid June Easy Jet

£124 00 Ryan Air but not convienient flights
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 06:46 PM

We did went the river Nile and loved it. Did the pyramids and into Cairo to see King tuts, stuff. then flew down to Luxor to go up the Nile to the Aswan Dam.

get Rolex watches by the case full here

Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 08:22 PM

I have two separate friends who have been to Sunny Beach and both said it is wall to wall tat and they wouldnt go again.

Package deals are very cheap to Bulgaria. A few years ago our local airport started doing flights there and I looked into it but all the deals were at Sunny Beach and thr more I looked into it the worse it sounded.

In fairness, my friend who went in September said her hotel was good but the weather was poor and she had to buy a warm coat.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 08:34 PM

Although I loved Luxor when we went in 2008, I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone at the moment

My next door neighbours went to Bulgaria about 4 years ago and stayed at Sunny Beach, they said they would never go back there again.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-01-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Although I loved Luxor when we went in 2008, I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone at the moment

My next door neighbours went to Bulgaria about 4 years ago and stayed at Sunny Beach, they said they would never go back there again.
That is now off my list. Thank-you.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-01-2018, 09:50 PM

Turkey looks nice.
Back to the drawing board for me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top