Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 04:27 PM

Re: Glastonbury out of season

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Glastonbury Premier Inn isn't cheap because of where it is. You might get a saver on it though, last time we stayed it was
£60 per room, but if you shop around you should get it cheaper. Try Trip Adviser, they are usually the cheapest.

Hi. I like the idea of having the pub next door as i dont drink much but at least i can have a couple of drinks without having to drive back to hotel.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Hi. I like the idea of having the pub next door as i dont drink much but at least i can have a couple of drinks without having to drive back to hotel.
It's a resteraunt too, the food is reasonably priced & good. It's a Brewers Fayre.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 05:33 PM

I've never been to Glastonbury or anywhere else in that area, but this year I intend to get out & about a bit more

So I plan on going to The Wilderness Gathering, which is a bushcraft show in Wiltshire (do not confuse this with the Wilderness Festival which is a pop music festival in Oxfordshire)

I live in Lancashire so anywhere in the south usually involves negotiating Spaghetti Junction.
To make the most of this effort I will also do a bit of touristing around Wiltshire, Somerset & Dorset, including Glastonbury, making a mixture of camping and B&Bs

I stayed at a Premier Inn a couple of years ago, as it was convenient, and to see what they were like. I couldn't stand the place
I'd rather pay a bit more for a hotel with some sort of character, or ask around for a local pub or B&B, or go to a campsite
I'll also look out for a Hostel - YHA or Independent
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 11:36 AM

It's a resteraunt too, the food is reasonably priced & good. It's a Brewers Fayre.
Its starting to sound even better I wonder if they do breakfasts as when I'm away a good breakfast sets me up for the day.

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I've never been to Glastonbury or anywhere else in that area, but this year I intend to get out & about a bit more

So I plan on going to The Wilderness Gathering, which is a bushcraft show in Wiltshire (do not confuse this with the Wilderness Festival which is a pop music festival in Oxfordshire)

I live in Lancashire so anywhere in the south usually involves negotiating Spaghetti Junction.
To make the most of this effort I will also do a bit of touristing around Wiltshire, Somerset & Dorset, including Glastonbury, making a mixture of camping and B&Bs

I stayed at a Premier Inn a couple of years ago, as it was convenient, and to see what they were like. I couldn't stand the place
I'd rather pay a bit more for a hotel with some sort of character, or ask around for a local pub or B&B, or go to a campsite
Glastonbury is a nice place. Ok its my spiritual home being an old hippie type, but there's plenty to see there.

I looked online at the Wilderness Gathering briefly but it did look interesting to me. I will find out more.

I think you can avoid spaghetti junction by taking the toll road but I've driven through it lots of times and apart from the traffic jams had no problems. Have you got a sat Nav?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 12:40 PM

Yes, they do breakfast Momdays Child. Though it isn't usually included in the room price, it's extra.
Mondays child
United Kingdom

20-02-2018, 07:09 PM

Yes, they do breakfast Momdays Child. Though it isn't usually included in the room price, it's extra.

Thank you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 04:44 PM

Faery Fayre on 10th March, I think Brian Froud and his wife will be there doing a talk if you're interested.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

I wouldn't go out of your way to visit Glastonbury, its very run down and not much there at all.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 05:03 PM

It looked just fine last week!
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 02:03 AM

The thread title caught my eye. One of our grandsons is engaged to a young lady from Glastonbury. As soon as I started the thread I realized my mistake. We're here in the "States" and his fiancé is from Glastonbury, Connecticut.

It's amazing, here in New England, how many of our cities and towns carry identical names to those in the UK, but this was the earliest settled area in the country along with Virginia.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top