Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:40 PM

Re: Panic attacks

I had a panic attack last night about midnight. It was horrible. Today I am on edge and that might be the reason why. I can't get it out of my head. Haven't had one that bad in a long time....I actually thought I was going to die.

My worst panic attacks are usually late at night or early in the morning...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I had a panic attack last night about midnight. It was horrible. Today I am on edge and that might be the reason why. I can't get it out of my head. Haven't had one that bad in a long time....I actually thought I was going to die.

My worst panic attacks are usually late at night or early in the morning...
I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon, they are horrible (hugs) x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 08:18 AM

They're always horrible; sadly, thinking of them can help bring them on. I've been fortunate in that I've been so busy with other illness that they haven't bothered me lately.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 08:25 AM

Try taking magnesium it helps with anxiety apparantly.
You could try an Epsom salt bath this allows the magnesium to be absorbed into the sink and relives anxiety -I have never done it myself but I think I will try it .
A warm bath is nice anyway .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've had a lot of panic attacks, mainly when I wake in the middle of the night with palpitations. But I am able to slow down my heartbeat by focusing on the facts. The facts being that it's just a panic attack. It was some advice on a panic attack forum that helped. You need to recognise that it's not real and slow down breathing.

I am starting to see a pattern where some days I just feel more upset about everything. I think for me it's down to eating the wrong food maybe. (I have allergies & intolerances). But it's not like an emotional trigger, definitely chemical.

When I feel like this everything feels off. I will feel really antsy if I have too many people around or in an enclosed space like a train or lift or even in the kitchen at work. Noise becomes a real nuisance (I seem to hear every little sound). I've realised I don't block out the "white noise" when I feel this way. I felt like this yesterday. I was in a meeting and I started to feel I was having tunnel vision (ugh!). It may be down to sleep patterns too because I was really tired having woken at 4am and not fallen asleep again.

Yet today I felt really calm and great. It's amazing.

When I feel panicky I tell myself to calm down because it will be ok again. But when you feel that way why is it so hard to believe?!
You explained your experiences very well. I have PTSD and get pains attacks sometimes also. Even if I’m relaxed and de-stressed, loud sudden noises startle me so much that I let out the loudest squeals , often scaring anybody who might be around me.

Muddy’s recommendation is a good idea one. Take magnesium but Epson salts baths are great. Bach’s homeopathic Rescue Remedy also helps a lot.

It’s a difficult thing to explain to others which is why I usually avoid people.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 07:40 PM

It's something , like PTSD, that those who haven't been through it won't understand at all. Although its quite common for someone to have just one experience of a panic attack in their lifetime and their not quite having the words to describe it as a panic attack.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:26 PM

I have trouble breathing at night and I wonder if its panic attacks,its been suggested asthma/copd or my heart,I wish the reason could be found quickly & treatment started
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon, they are horrible (hugs) x
Thanks Lion Queen, nobody knows (other than my son) how badly I suffer. People think it is so easy "just take your meds they say".....if they only knew.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Never had a panic attack, don't really understand them. I don't like heights so that is the nearest I ever get, even Youtube videos of people balancing on the edge of a drop made me feel odd though I can't say I panic.

It is strange because it is only sheer cliffs or buildings that I don't like, I have climbed 200mtr TV masts and 60ft Telegraph poles without a worry but standing on the edge of a single storey roof I don't like at all - as I say I don't panic I just don't look.
You and me both.

But as I have never ever had a panic attack in my life I have no understanding of them.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top