Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 06:07 PM

Re: Kitchen Floor

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Longy's mop I had my hair cut last week.
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I also use the same mop for cleaning wood floors, along with Johnsons soapy wood cleaner. Just use sparingly.
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 04:26 PM

I have wonderful mop. No need of any bucket. It has a special container which I fill with any floor cleaner I prefer and attach to the handle and can then spray this in front of the main mop as I clean. Top part of the mop which swivels easily dries the floor surface as I clean it. Light to take around, easy to take upstairs for bathroom, etc., The mop heads wash go into the washing machine and come up like new each time. Got this from one of the shopping channels, not expensive and invaluable.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 05:06 PM

I've been on my hands & knees cleaning the kitchen floor today. It's wooden and it needs painting. 'Cos it's so long since it was painted, the surface is dull and a quick brush isn't enough. I've had a bucket of hot soapy water and one of those little green pan scrubs, before going over it again with a floorcloth.
I've got a couple of tins of floorpaint upstairs, so this week intend to clean it again with something like sugar soap, before painting it.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Franbern ->
I have wonderful mop. No need of any bucket. It has a special container which I fill with any floor cleaner I prefer and attach to the handle and can then spray this in front of the main mop as I clean. Top part of the mop which swivels easily dries the floor surface as I clean it. Light to take around, easy to take upstairs for bathroom, etc., The mop heads wash go into the washing machine and come up like new each time. Got this from one of the shopping channels, not expensive and invaluable.
Can you remember what it is called Franbern?
Val J
East Yorkshire

25-02-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I've been on my hands & knees cleaning the kitchen floor today. It's wooden and it needs painting. 'Cos it's so long since it was painted, the surface is dull and a quick brush isn't enough. I've had a bucket of hot soapy water and one of those little green pan scrubs, before going over it again with a floorcloth.
I've got a couple of tins of floorpaint upstairs, so this week intend to clean it again with something like sugar soap, before painting it.
Sounds like a lot of hard work Sam!
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Sounds like a lot of hard work Sam!
Next week i'll start on the bathroom, they're both the same bamboo. But that's still got a sheen on it, so cleans nice and easy.
SamTheMan
Merseyside

27-02-2018, 09:42 PM

I'm wondering what to do about this kitchen floor ?
I've dug the paint out, you can do a second coat after 3hrs,
but to walk on is 16hrs. It's a big kitchen/diner. I can take the
chairs out, but unless i'm going to take the legs off the table,
that has to stay in the room. I can push it up to the other end
of the room. But then 16hrs, how do i get into the sink if i do
that end ? Or to the cooker or fridge ? The only way is to do
it in two halves over two days, or even in quarters over four
days. Would i be best doing each bit after my tea each night,
then going to bed ? It definitely has to be done, i can't leave
it. It's hard keeping it polished or even clean when it's so dull.
The bit by the sink and cooker is the worst, whereas around
the edges or ubderneath the table, where it's hardly trod on,
that's ok.
Val J
East Yorkshire

27-02-2018, 10:22 PM

Fit some heavy duty vinyl on top Sam, or get someone to paint for you and have a couple of days away!
SamTheMan
Merseyside

27-02-2018, 10:38 PM

I've spent the last couple of days cleaning and sanding it.
It's been getting put off ...... and put off ....... and put off.
Val J
East Yorkshire

28-02-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I've spent the last couple of days cleaning and sanding it.
It's been getting put off ...... and put off ....... and put off.
That’s your weekend sorted then Sam!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top