Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:26 PM

Re: Crunch Time.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie darlin' the EU can just take our fish, since we don't have any fishery protection vessels to police the uk waters and stop over fishing or the taking of under-sized fish, or more than their quota allows.
We can build some protection vessels......and secure a few hundred jobs on the Clyde at the same time....Win-Win!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
We can build some protection vessels......and secure a few hundred jobs on the Clyde at the same time....Win-Win!
I agree that we should build more ships, but haven't all the Clydeside shipyards been closed?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree that we should build more ships, but haven't all the Clydeside shipyards been closed?
BAE still employs 2600 in its Naval shipyard on the Clyde!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
BAE still employs 2600 in its Naval shipyard on the Clyde!!
Oh, I wasn't aware.

We visited Glasgow last year and, on our way to a wedding anniversary celebration, the taxi driver explained about all the many shipyards on Clydebank having now closed down.

I assumed that was it. I can't find the naval shipyard on Google Earth, unless it's the base at Faslane.
Moscow
Scotland

09-03-2018, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I wasn't aware.

We visited Glasgow last year and, on our way to a wedding anniversary celebration, the taxi driver explained about all the many shipyards on Clydebank having now closed down.

I assumed that was it. I can't find the naval shipyard on Google Earth, unless it's the base at Faslane.
I'm no expert as I don't stay anywhere near Glasgow but I thought there was still a shipyard at Scotstoun ( The former Yarrow yard) and at Govan.

I'm sure they are building some destroyers and River Class vessels for the Navy over the next few years.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 12:05 PM

Julie darlin' the EU can just take our fish, since we don't have any fishery protection vessels to police the uk waters and stop over fishing or the taking of under-sized fish, or more than their quota allows.
At the moment we have 4.

3 are patrolling UK waters and for some reason the other one is down in the Falklands.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
At the moment we have 4.

3 are patrolling UK waters and for some reason the other one is down in the Falklands.

3 ships to patrol the whole of the uk waters??? just how many hundreds of miles is that???
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 01:57 PM

3 ships to patrol the whole of the uk waters??? just how many hundreds of miles is that???
So what.

Was just pointing that you were wrong again.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 05:19 PM

Hi

The reality is now looming.

We have drawn our Red Lines.

Our choice, our decision.

We cannot pick and mix,we are leaving

No Single Market, no Customs Union, no ECJ.

We need to get on with things.

I completely fail see why we are not doing so and then blaming the EU.

We need our own Medicines,Chemicals and Aerospace Agencies, and top of the list is Nuclear.

Just do it, get us free.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Love we can't cherry pick but eu can ! Our fishing IMO is a red line and how arrogant of them to assume they can just take it.

When you leave a club IMO no one should be worse off than when they joined. What was ours should be returned to us.
Getting some fishing rights back is unlikely to restore all those Trawler Companies who sailed out of Hull, Grimsby, Fleetwood, etc.

They were going for that lovely cod which was most prevalent way up near Norway.

What we get back might well be a Red Herring!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top