Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 10:34 PM

Re: Is Putin Being Unfairly Maligned?

Thing is ... I suspect that psychological analysis of Putin could describe many world leaders .. past and present. It's almost a requirement of the job.

Still, it makes a change from Trump and the little N. Korean guy feeling got at all the time.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Thing is ... I suspect that psychological analysis of Putin could describe many world leaders .. past and present. It's almost a requirement of the job.

Still, it makes a change from Trump and the little N. Korean guy feeling got at all the time.
And also describes many people who aren't world leaders.

I think there's no doubt Trump is as bad if not worse than Putin when it comes to psychopathic and narcissistic personality disorders, two sides of the same coin, yet May holds his chubby little hand.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 10:54 PM

Putin is old school communist in a Russia with old and new corrupt money
His agenda is out of sync with the rest of the globe

It's not fake news to say that the source of the DANGEROUS nerve agent used in the attack on a former spy and his daughter ON BRITISH SOIL (WITHOUT REGARD FOR THE BRITISH PUBLIC) can only have come from Russia
It is just a fact
Nothing else.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I expect we are being misled, that's how propaganda works, isn't it? Set up an enemy to look like a pantomime villain, then let him have it. Having a pop at Putin makes for good audiences and newspaper sales and I doubt if he's as bad or weird as he's being painted.
I agree with you on that.

Except that I think they've got a bloody nerve to waltz into our country and start poisoning people so I'm glad Theresa May has taken a stand, even if it's only posturing and a stupid thing to do. Sometimes you need to do the stupid thing.
I'm not sure I'd call it a bloody nerve to waltz into our country and start poisoning people ...... Skripal was a spy, a double agent, a colonel in Russian military intelligence who sold on secrets to MI6. The US and the Ruskies did a spy swap in 2010 .. and released, he came to live here.

What else do people reasonably expect?
Presumably in the murky world of spying it's the done thing to offer someone a safe, comfy retirement home for services rendered.
Our own government , whilst happy to use such individuals of dubious patriotism/allegiance to protect our own security ought to factor in the longterm future risk to the citizens who live here if they chose to offer them safe harbour.

Of course, how does anyone anticipate or prepare for an attack with a nerve agent?
You can't .. unless you have another double agent spy lined up who will alert you and give you the nod.
Messy business .. takes innocent people down along with those who live their lives like 007 and who try to evade the repercussions themselves.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Putin is old school communist in a Russia with old and new corrupt money
His agenda is out of sync with the rest of the globe

It's not fake news to say that the source of the DANGEROUS nerve agent used in the attack on a former spy and his daughter ON BRITISH SOIL (WITHOUT REGARD FOR THE BRITISH PUBLIC) can only have come from Russia
It is just a fact
Nothing else.
Has that been proven?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Has that been proven?
Why would the UK take so long to analyse the nerve agent, to pinpoint its only source..
If its only agenda was to undermine the Russian government?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Why would the UK take so long to analyse the nerve agent, to pinpoint its only source..
If its only agenda was to undermine the Russian government?
It's just that I'd be interested to learn how they could pinpoint its source to one specific place.

Even having done so, can they be sure that it hasn't passed through the hands of some third party who was the one who brought it to this country?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Even having done so, can they be sure that it hasn't passed through the hands of some third party who was the one who brought it to this country?
In which case why didnt Putin take the easy way out that he was offered...admit that it had been taken.

Edit..

"The small amount that we know about these agents is based on reports from Russian chemist Vil Mirzayanov, who exposed the development programme in 1991."

https://www.newscientist.com/article...-russia-do-it/
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

15-03-2018, 11:25 PM

My thoughts too Ruthio
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:28 PM

The government would not bother with all the drama if he was considered an ally. Clearly there are things we don't know, but there's more to it all than whatever we read in the media.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top