Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 08:55 PM

Undercover rough sleeper

On now

Undercover: Rough Sleeper - Tonight

In a special edition of 'Tonight', Adam Holloway ( Tory Mp) goes undercover to investigate the rise of street homelessness in Britain, which is now in its seventh consecutive year of increase. Nearly 30 years after he filmed life with rough sleepers for a groundbreaking ITV documentary, Adam, who is now an MP, returns to where the problem is still most acute - on the streets and in the homeless shelters of the capital - and sets out to discover why rough sleeping persists three decades on.

It shows that the council do try and get people off the street into shelters every night finding safe sleeping places .
The rough sleepers have complex problems many are drug addicts or have mental issues.
Over half are foreigners .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:32 PM

Re: Undercover rough sleeper

Yes I saw this programme tonight Muddy. Well I say "saw it", I was doing something else at the same time, but was listening to it.

There is always one of these rough sleepers sitting wrapped in a blanket outside my local M&S food hall. Another oneoften sits a couple of shops further on, and also one often sitting wrapped in a duvet outside my local Asda as well.
I have given them food, but I'd never give them money.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top