Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 06:49 PM

Re: Nra

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Why do you think my grasp is in question, Besoeker?
Well never - in your usual sarcastic style.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Well never - in your usual sarcastic style.
Why don't you just say what's bothering you, Besoeker? I can't avoid the feeling that I've displeased you in some way.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Why don't you just say what's bothering you, Besoeker? I can't avoid the feeling that I've displeased you in some way.
Nothing bothering me, old chap.
The very simple point is the inordinate number of firearms fatalities in the USA.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
The very simple point is the inordinate number of firearms fatalities in the USA.
Yes, I know. It is absolute lunacy to let the general population freely own guns. I can't see it ever being allowed here, thank God. I think we agree, but you seem to be under the impression that we don't.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 08:18 PM

Some stats https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Wave a gun around in this country and you will get dead very quickly and that is how it should be in a civilised society.

No amount of bleating we do will not change the fact that America does not have a civilised society.

The gun problem in America is an American problem and should be sorted out by Americans.
If civilisation is measured by weaponry then the UK with its nuclear weapons could be said to be uncivilised too.

Switzerland has a high gun ownership but little gun violence, other countries have high rates of gun ownership and high rates of gun violence, each situation is unique to itself.

As you say, America's situation is its own and nothing to do with foreigners, especially ones calling it uncivilised yet who live with an hereditary, feudal monarch as their head of state and an unelected House of Parliament.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 06:26 AM

By the same token, our policemen don't go round killing the population and get away with it scot free.

The law 'stand your ground' that was passed is no more than a licence to murder. It occurs to me that the majority of the population of America is in a constant state of apprehension, if not fear.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 01:23 PM

By the same token, our policemen don't go round killing the population and get away with it scot free.

The law 'stand your ground' that was passed is no more than a licence to murder. It occurs to me that the majority of the population of America is in a constant state of apprehension, if not fear.
There's been cases where people in on the scene would strongly disagree with your first line. It's hard to shoot someone with a table leg - still in a carrier bag. Check out "Harry Stanley shot"
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 01:26 PM

Probably the safest way for some of them to be kept in.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:43 PM

We are just remembering the Christchurch terrorist attack 2 years ago today. 51 people killed by firearms. Yes he could still kill with a knife but 51???
Assault rifles are designed to kill many people, very effective in war but completely unnecessary for personal defence, hunting etc.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top