Join for free
Page 121 of 190 « First < 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 11:21 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Still no snow in Doncaster this morning so it was out on the road at seven while it was still pitch dark. I like to get my run done early so I can get on with my day....If there is anything left that is. Zero degrees C when I set off, but soon warmed up once I'd covered a mile or two. I was feeling pretty good after the halfway mark, and carefully made my way past the farm where the 'Hound of the Baskervilles' lives and to my relief, all quiet....

From that point on though my lower back muscles began to tighten and by the seven mile mark was struggling to keep up a pace. I just managed to make it home and do some stretching which seemed to have done the trick. This is what happens when you miss a couple of runs, so I hope it doesn't get any worse.....

Thanks for my 'Nick Name' Sweetie Pie' but Old Grey Fox is how I feel....Emphasis on the 'Old'....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Sorry I nearly forgot about this thread.

Ok I will call you Foxy - Stop with the Old
I hope you are still running and enjoying yourself.

I saw some snow in London! No snow in Bournemouth, just rain today.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 05:17 PM

Do you ever run on grass? I hated that,it feels like running in mud. Often events finished with a lap of a playing field , gruesome. I didnt mind cross country as long as it included some paths and a bit of clambering ,. but never just on flat grass. Some wonderful uphill events here, idiots run up to the top of a mountain
Keep it up and get your application in for London Marathon YES? NO
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sorry I nearly forgot about this thread.

Ok I will call you Foxy - Stop with the Old
I hope you are still running and enjoying yourself.

I saw some snow in London! No snow in Bournemouth, just rain today.
Yes, Foxy is good for me Sweetie.....
Still running also, it never stops if I can help it, as long as I can stand and breathe, you'll find me treading the tarmac....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-12-2017, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Do you ever run on grass? I hated that,it feels like running in mud. Often events finished with a lap of a playing field , gruesome. I didnt mind cross country as long as it included some paths and a bit of clambering ,. but never just on flat grass. Some wonderful uphill events here, idiots run up to the top of a mountain
Keep it up and get your application in for London Marathon YES? NO
During my running career Norway I used to prefer the fells and moors, the rougher the better, and I loved hills and good climbs. I competed in lots of fell races and they were all over 20 miles.
My favourite was called The Lyke Wake Race, 42 miles across the North Yorkshire Moors from Thirsk to Ravenscar. I raced this for nine consecutive years. Then I got friendly with some road runners who introduced me to the marathon and I fell in love with road running.

Following my first Heart Attack in 2004 my family banned me from running marathons and other long distance runs, I was allowed to run half marathons on the road and I have since got used to running on flat hard surfaces and very rarely run on grass or rough stuff. I'm still prone to running up mountains though and earlier in the year I took on Mount Snowdon, and succeeded in just under two hours. But the London marathon was never my favourite but managed 3 hours and 13 minutes back in 1989....I've even been banned from doing half marathons now Norway so I'm on the slippery slope.....
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
During my running career Norway I used to prefer the fells and moors, the rougher the better, and I loved hills and good climbs. I competed in lots of fell races and they were all over 20 miles.
My favourite was called The Lyke Wake Race, 42 miles across the North Yorkshire Moors from Thirsk to Ravenscar. I raced this for nine consecutive years. Then I got friendly with some road runners who introduced me to the marathon and I fell in love with road running.

Following my first Heart Attack in 2004 my family banned me from running marathons and other long distance runs, I was allowed to run half marathons on the road and I have since got used to running on flat hard surfaces and very rarely run on grass or rough stuff. I'm still prone to running up mountains though and earlier in the year I took on Mount Snowdon, and succeeded in just under two hours. But the London marathon was never my favourite but managed 3 hours and 13 minutes back in 1989....I've even been banned from doing half marathons now Norway so I'm on the slippery slope.....
Tell them you are going away for a couple of days they will not notice , they are so used to you going off running

https://www.fjordnorway.com/planning...l-race-p901933

If that comes out in Norwegian try google translate , I can book you for it next year

This is another one the idiots do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lnfkAWf8H0
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Foxy you ARE missing a lot of fun!
Christmas section - A Christmas story.
Get your running shoes on - You will love it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-12-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Foxy you ARE missing a lot of fun!
Christmas section - A Christmas story.
Get your running shoes on - You will love it.
If I could, I would spend most of my days on the forum Sweetie Pie, but unfortunately this is a very busy time of the year and time is at a premium, so I try and frequent my favourites - Bob's Bits, obviously, and the Fitness and Exercise thread, with regular dips into Science and Technology and General Gossip. I try not to spread myself too thinly over such a large topic filled forum.

Having said that, I suppose I'm a bit of a shrinking wallflower (shrinking being the operative word) and I'm not much of a party animal and much prefer the quiet solitude of the open country. I'm more of a one to one man, or just a small gathering of close friends (Especially runners and Walkers) where we can exchange tales of heroism and triumph in the face of adversity...

So as soon as time becomes available Sweetie Pie, I shall cast my net accordingly....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-12-2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Tell them you are going away for a couple of days they will not notice , they are so used to you going off running

https://www.fjordnorway.com/planning...l-race-p901933

If that comes out in Norwegian try google translate , I can book you for it next year

This is another one the idiots do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lnfkAWf8H0
Excellent Norway, once upon a time they would have been my kind of event, thanks for posting them...

And......Never say never....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-12-2017, 09:01 PM

Sorry, Foxy I forgot again.
I don't run, so I am useless.

I came back to ask about your visit from your lovely daughter.
Did she like the spider?

Page 121 of 190 « First < 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top