Join for free
Page 51 of 79 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 11:22 AM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

You're right about the 30/40 yr olds.

Kids these days need the availability of immediate contact , should anything untoward happen . Yes, they walk down the street with one to their ear, but I also think that is another way of feeling safer when out and about.

I am quite sure that many of these young people must have issues surrounding being out alone at anytime, due to the most awful things we hear about. I'm sure that in certain places, and I was out alone, my phone would be stuck to my ear also, or sending messages to keep contact.

My daughter would be talking to me by messaging when she was walking home. It helped her feel safe. There's nothing wrong with that.

Broken nose ! Ouch.!! We used to walk into lampposts didn't we. I wonder why. I had a couple of bruises on my head, but my sister had some whoppers. Must have been looking at our feet or dreaming .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 11:25 AM

Good point puddle duck, I like to hear from my husband few times a day just to know he's safe and I know he waits for my text when I am at work just so he knows I'm ok.

It's a shame but it does make you feel safer knowing you have that item in your hand.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 11:51 AM

keeping a check on your hubby,and your kids during the day?,
when we were kids we got as far away from our parents for as long as possible,as for keeping tabs on the wife or vice versa,no way.nice to come home from work and talk about what we done all day,and ask the kids what they been up to,,
got an old phone for emergencies,£5 a year payg.
yep,facebook has a lot to answer for imo,,nah im not on facebook
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 11:58 AM

I often look in on facebook for local activities but never post on there. I find it hilarious. They are all out with their iphones snapping pics of the car that parked too close to the corner or the pensioner with the 'killer' Jack Russell. They are the permanently angered. Sometimes they ask things like 'Does anyone know if the shop three doors away is open?' It's just as well I don't post because my reply would be 'get up off your lazy arse and look for yourself.'
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
keeping a check on your hubby,and your kids during the day?,
when we were kids we got as far away from our parents for as long as possible,as for keeping tabs on the wife or vice versa,no way.nice to come home from work and talk about what we done all day,and ask the kids what they been up to,,
got an old phone for emergencies,£5 a year payg.
yep,facebook has a lot to answer for imo,,nah im not on facebook
You don't need Facebook when you're on here OFF !
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 12:47 PM

I must admit, I'd be very happy to see the back of Facebook. Come New Year I am determind to spend a lot less time on there..
I only joined because of the Dog Training Club. They posted on there page about the weather conditions and if the Classes were off for any reason. It's a longish drive on a single track road to get there and horrid in the winter conditions. I drove it several times only to find it shut, so I caved and joined FB.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 01:08 PM

I love Facebook. So many interesting things go on there. Yes I do post a lot. Also I contribute to other such sites.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 01:44 PM

I love Facebook and belong to several groups. I recently posted a school photo of my daughter and school pals on the town site of where we used to live. As a result we have had sixteen people make contact, many who did not know her married name. My daughter was thrilled to hear from them and catch up.

I have never ever taken a selfie, nor ever posted comments or pictures of food or when I am.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2017, 03:01 PM

I like to nosey around my kids profile pages I can see what they are up to , living quite far away from them . I rarely post anything , but there are some who are attention seeking and even have full on conversations with their kids via FB , telling them how much they love each other more , it is rather self indulgent . Some people post many times daily even photos of their food or 5 minute walks .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 11:58 PM

This is a separate talking point from the thread started by Azz earlier but...

With the oncoming furore about the recent Cabridge Analytical scenario and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg being asked for answers I wonder:

What would happen if Facebook closed down?
Many people i.e. teenagers are permanently glued to phones sending immature messages, people taking selfies.
Others more sensible using the service for keeping in touch with family and friends. And so on.
I am not on FB myself but to many it's more than a way of life.

It won't shut down of course, but this is a hypotheyical question - a "what if..."

What would change with people and the world we live in?
Would some people need to learn to actually write with pen and paper and speak on the phone.
Would children be taught how to kick a football or play in the garden?
Would our very own OFF see a massive increase in ex-FB members over 50 joining?
It sounds bizarre but for a generation of youngsters it's the biggest part of their lives.

Discuss.....

Page 51 of 79 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top