Join for free
Page 3 of 71 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 09:43 AM

Re: Trump to be the 45th USA President:your thoughts and the implications

A very bad day for America, and an even worse one for the world!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
A very bad day for America, and an even worse one for the world!
Hi

I could not disagree more.

It may be bad for the USA, but great news for the UK.

No more putting missiles along the Russian Border, much, much less chance of war in Europe.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 09:53 AM

I can see why it's happened there are too many people feel outside society they haven't had a voice for too long, I'm just not convinced trump is right for the job any more than I was convinced farage was, we were luckier farage set in motion a way to get us to a position we can move forward without actually being pm.

I'm more worried about the women he now has free reign to treat just as he wishes, he is a worrying man and has been told now it doesn't matter that he carries on treating women like his own to do as he wishes
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 10:03 AM

Were either of them right for the job but who else was there. The others that were standing against them got knocked out the way. The two that were in the lead were what the people wanted, now they will have to live with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 10:04 AM

The news about Trump came as a shock to me just as the 'leave' vote in our referendum did I never expected either thought the latter came as a welcome surprise.
I think there are many parallels , a protest vote made by many who for long have felt ignored in a rapidly changing world.

Having listened to Trump's speech which seemed to have a different tone to many I have heard from him sounding both conciliatory and deferential I can only hope that is a portent to our seeing a less radical Trump in future.

Time as they say will tell...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 10:05 AM

It is bad that the UK is thinking of leaving the EU, we need to all be standing together against America, with the prospect of that evil creep Trump as President.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 10:06 AM

Well done Donald all the best for the future.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Well done Donald all the best for the future.
January is a little way off who knows what might happen before then. The ghastly Trump might have an accident or heart attack!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 10:07 AM

Shocked at the result this morning, especially after all the polls concluded the result would go Hillary Clinton's way. It just goes to show the polls are usually wrong!

As others have said on here similarities can be drawn with our own referendum.

It's a huge success for Trump, It now means though that he will have to quickly learn to use proper dialogue instead of Mussellini type language when speaking to the American people. A lot of people have been grossly insulted by him during this election campaign so he also needs to put that right by ensuring that he let's the American people know that he presides over every single American citizen, not just certain sections of the country.

Good luck to him, the people voted him in, all we can do is hope he is up to the task of holding the reigns of the most important position in the free world.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 10:13 AM

Unlike Julie I am not concerned about Trump and his attitude towards women. He may often put his foot in his mouth, but I do not think he is without humour - women should to take him with a pinch of salt IMO. I am not sure what sort of President he will make in real terms, but I do not believe he is a fool. I think he will listen to those around him. Looking at the news this morning I sense that he is not as outlandish and boorish as he frequently comes across. I can't say I like the man, but he is certainly not an idiot. Interesting times ahead.

Page 3 of 71 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top