Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 01:31 PM

Pilates

Hi

Do any of you do it?

Is it any good?

There is a thing called gentle pilates being advertised locally.

Before I am make a complete prat of myself in a few weeks by going along, I would like to hear from any of you who have tried it.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 02:12 PM

Re: Pilates

I have but was not a fan.

Have you thought about yoga. So relaxing and gentle movement.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I have but was not a fan.

Have you thought about yoga. So relaxing and gentle movement.
Hi

Yes Goldie, did think about it.

We are not exactly overrun with exercise classes here.

The Yoga class locally is full of Yummy Mummies.

I would feel a bit of a perv going along.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 02:32 PM

My neighbour who is my age goes to Pilates having been going for a couple of years she is now much more 'supple' than I am .

I think it is very good and would love to do it myself but don't like group activities.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 02:46 PM

Pilates is an excellent form of exercise especially for older people as it concentrates on your 'core' muscles and your breathing.
Brilliant for anyone with a stiff back...I went on Friday having missed weeks and weeks during the Wiinter with rubbish health, was pretty sore yesterday, made me realise how valuable it is for keeping supple and strong.

I can't stress how important it is to have a really good teacher.

And don't have anything to eat just before the class!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes Goldie, did think about it.

We are not exactly overrun with exercise classes here.

The Yoga class locally is full of Yummy Mummies.

I would feel a bit of a perv going along.

Oh there's a shame on the other hand you might enjoy

The one I attended had a mixed age group plus men and women. Often the class would overrun as it was great fun. I went and the instructor managed to sort a back problem through exercise. She used to hold classes for stroke victims too.

All exercise is good though. It's finding the one that suites.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 05:58 PM

Swims, I think you'd do best to ask them if you could go along and watch one week before you jump in and enrol.
It's not much help others describing it, because we all see things differently, and also some will have had better teaches than others.

Anyway, I'd have though a class full of yummy mummy's would have made you enrol before now.

This is my 7th year of doing Yoga, and I am definitely more supple than a lot of people my age that I know.

P.S. You realise you will be expected to wear a leotard, don't you . . . and it will be compulsory to send us a photo.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 06:09 PM

Or a Mankini.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Or a Mankini.

Send him yours to try on first Nom.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 10:12 PM

I always thought that 'pilates' is just a trendy new word for yoga, invented by the nouveau riche to make what they do sound superior to yoga, which is what those common people do.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top