Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 11:16 AM

Re: Weirdest place you have been to?

I'm used to weird, going to Steampunk events and seeing folk dressed in top hats, corsets and bustles dancing to rock music is pretty weird, riding pennyfarthings and carrying strange contraptions , tea duelling etc...

The weirdest place I can think of was a pumpkin farm in Connecticut, we went on a Haunted Halloween Hay ride, it was fun at first, seeing zombies etc. dancing around fires in the pitch dark but then masked men jumped onto the haycarts with chainsaws and it was terrifying! My youngest daughter and grand daughter who were both around seven at the time were scarred for life, absolutely hysterical!
I was shaking and in shock!
A tiny american boy, at the end turned to his mum and said, " Didn't scare me!" he was completely calm!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Apologies for going slightly off topic,
When I worked for M.O.D and signed the Official Secrets Act I was told it was in perpetuum. Are there different versions of the act, Bruce? I've never really thought about it before.
I do remember seeing an expiry date I think it was 30 years from signing which would actually make mine expire in 1998.(That would tie in with Cabinet Papers etc). I don't have the copy of the one I signed and I don't know if there were different classes of papers, I signed mine for PO Telephones in 1963 and 1968.

Personally I don't care anyway because I am an Australian citizen and the UK is a foreign power and anything I knew over 40 years ago would be completely out of date.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I was on an exchange course.

Here in the UK, EHOs do exhumations.

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/20...00/exhumations
I imagine that to be both interesting and harrowing!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hope you liked my moves ST.
Definitely not to be missed - you could have taught Elvis a few tricks !!
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 10:08 PM

I went to Hanging Rock or Mount Diogenes in Victoria, Australia. Beautiful but wierd.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 10:38 PM

you do realize the the story is totally fictional although the place is real I went there a few years back when I lived in Victoria - it;s become quite a tourist spot now and you could buy a dvd of the film! on the way there was still snow on the roadside banks

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top