Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2017, 07:51 AM

Re: Ireland, WOW! Piccy thread 1.

I was down in Waterford and the hook two weeks ago,
lovely part of the world,i stayed at Togoat,out side off Rosslare
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Glad to hear you are having a lovely time fruity, have enjoyed the pictures

When do you head up here? The weather is really bad, roads are flooded as the fields just can't take any more water. Still it's still pretty warm
We have been and gone. The holiday cottage had no internet so this is the first chance to post back here.

We are currently on a boat in the middle of the Irish Sea, and heading for Gretna Green to elope.
Hopefully I can upload more pics in the next couple of days as we should have the internet at our next three stops.

Originally Posted by Feey ->
Lovely photos hope you are gonna pay a visit to my lovely home county CLARE (cliffs of moher, aiiwee caves, the burren just a couple of the splendid scenic sites to see)
We got to the cliffs, and it was a heaving sea of humanity, so sadly didn't bother. It's such a struggle with the disabled Outlaws, especially as the car was fully loaded and meant we would have had to part unpack to get the buggy out for Uncle/FiL.

We did see the Burren and loads of other lovely sites though as we made a specific diversion to follow the cost road instead of choosing the shortest route to NI.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
I was down in Waterford and the hook two weeks ago,
lovely part of the world,i stayed at Togoat,out side off Rosslare
It is indeed a beautiful part of the world. We stayed on the outskirts of Kilmacow, not far from Waterford golf course.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
We have been and gone. The holiday cottage had no internet so this is the first chance to post back here.

We are currently on a boat in the middle of the Irish Sea, and heading for Gretna Green to elope.
Hopefully I can upload more pics in the next couple of days as we should have the internet at our next three stops.

We got to the cliffs, and it was a heaving sea of humanity, so sadly didn't bother. It's such a struggle with the disabled Outlaws, especially as the car was fully loaded and meant we would have had to part unpack to get the buggy out for Uncle/FiL.

We did see the Burren and loads of other lovely sites though as we made a specific diversion to follow the cost road instead of choosing the shortest route to NI.

The coastal route is worth the longevity of the drive

Didn't realise you weren't stopping long this end, shame because it really is so lovely

But enjoy Scotland. I love Scotland nearly as much as I do here and am still trying to get over for another weekend before year end
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

26-09-2017, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
The coastal route is worth the longevity of the drive

Didn't realise you weren't stopping long this end, shame because it really is so lovely

But enjoy Scotland. I love Scotland nearly as much as I do here and am still trying to get over for another weekend before year end
We did the coastal route from Limerick as far round as we could when we left Co Kerry before cutting inland to Co Roscommon. When we moved to NI we did as much of the Causeway coastal route as we could on the day we moved, then revisited and added to it once we got to our cottage in Glenariff, just a short walk from the falls of the same name.

Scotland is only one night before heading down to B'aht 'At land where we stay two nights to visit friends and relatives. We have internet every night now I think before we get home, so I hope I can do another picky thread or three before we get back to the land of the Summer Settlers/
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 07:21 PM

Lovely pics as always Fruity.
Just catching up on things.
I so love your comments.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top