Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 08:49 AM

Re: Where would YOU go?

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
If you had 6 days respite at the end of October where would you choose to go.

You'll be travelling there and back on the Sunday (28th) and Friday (3rd), so you'll have 4 whole days to play with.

My idea was taking a short trip to see the Norwegian fjords but the travel agent I spoke to said that the days are short by then and you'd be in the dark a lot!
Authentic Scandinavia http://authentic-scandinavia.com/fjords do two 4 day trips all year, wonder if it's worth contacting them.
The travel agent had never heard of them!

Then I saw the lovely photos on here of Llandudno and Llangollen but would it be too late in the year to go there?

Lordruthio has suggested Gibraltar... but isn't that just roaming about looking at how those with more money than brains live?

So where would you choose?
Any ideas??
I think your Travel Agent has not been to Norway. By that time of the year it will be fairly dark by 7pm it will be daylight by 8am so plenty of daylight hours, also lot fewer tourists. Come on take the plunge . Its also round the Sheep head festival time , so you could sample a sheep`s head on your plate complete with its delicacy, the eye
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 06:11 AM

Herculaneum and Pompeii with a private, knowledgeable guide.
In my pack: a loaf of crusty, chewy bread, some good cheese and a bottle of white Chianti.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 09:10 AM

I would choose, a boating holiday on the Norfolk Broads or the River Thames.
We used to do this every October half term when my children were younger.
So relaxing with beautiful places to see.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 11:46 AM

Rome !

The most amazing place ! 'See Rome and die'.. well that just about sums it up.

Nice time of year too. 4 day break...perfect ! Make sure you choose to have a guided tour around the Colosseum, and incorporate the Roman Forum Pass; so much more informative than reading the guide book afterwards.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 05:54 PM

I´m off to Galicea on Monday for 6 days. I haven´t been there before so looking forward to it.

http://www.galiciaguide.com/Galicia-index.html
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 06:49 PM

Oh, green Spain. Lucky you. It’s years since we went and I’d love to go back. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. I hope the weather is kind to you.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
Oh, green Spain. Lucky you. It’s years since we went and I’d love to go back. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. I hope the weather is kind to you.
Thank you. I am looking forward to it, not the journey though. I believe they have some quite nasty wild fires raging in Galicea at the present time.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2017, 07:17 PM

Fires seem to be a general problem this year in Spain because of the lack of rain.

I hope the fires don’t prevent you from seeing things you want to stay but please stay safe.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top