Join for free
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 07:39 AM

Re: Is America Right To Give Citizens The Right To Own Such Deadly Weapons?

Of course Max Hastings is right it is total and ongoing insanity to allow the widespread use of deadly weapons.
The real reason that that Americans have such weapons is not for protection .
It's because they like guns
No one 'protects' themselves with a AK-47 or any other of these semi automatics .
They are righty called 'assault ' rifles they are not for 'protection ' or 'hunting'

America has a gun culture .
Parents give little kids guns and then are suprised that when they are bigger they go and shoot up their schools.
They have this bizarre mentality that everyone is out to get them and the answer is to shoot them with a semi automatic ?
So let's not have any nonsense about protection and the civil right to have a deadly weapon .
The most important right is the right of innocent people not to get murdered by lunatics with an assault rifle.
Until Americans put the love of innocent life before their love of guns this sort of massacre will continue to happen .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I honestly think the gun culture and the 'right to bear arms' is too deeply rooted in the American mindset for us to have any chance of change now.

The best thing we can do is to learn from it, continue our strong stance against gun ownership and our own tough gun laws and hope we do not end up on the same bloodsoaked path as they have done.
I agree Cass, we can all learn from others mistakes
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 08:16 AM

Yes I agree with that too Cass, thank goodness we have strong gun controls otherwise all the knife crime we see would be guns not knives.

And Bakerman, do Americans really think like that? It does annoy me when we are blamed for all the woes of the world. It's over 200 years ago and yet we get the blame?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Well, interesting article that boozecruiser kindly shared with us.
This is in no way Boozecruiser's fault but the article is not only very obviously biased, it is way off base in it's facts.

The author is wrong almost from the beginning . He states that the United States Constitution was written in 1776. Wrong ! The Constitution was not written until 1787, 11 years later. Moreover, the "Bill of Rights" was not written and ratified until 1791. People of foreign nations may not be aware that the U.S. Constitution does not even mention guns or the keeping and bearing of arms. That right stems from the Bill of Rights, 2nd Amendment, which states, and I quote, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed". Unquote

I wish to make it absolutely clear that I do not point a finger at any U.K. citizen alive today but rather at His Majesties Royal military of the last quarter of the 1700's. The 2nd Amendment flows from a time when U.S. citizens were under the thumb of the British crown. It goes far, far beyond the paying of taxes to England. England had dictated to the American colonies that we were not allowed to produce any metal ores nor were we allowed to manufacture any metal tools, not shovels, not pick-axes, not plows, not axes or knives, not horseshoes, nor chains. We were required to buy all such items from England in order to make the British ruling class even richer. That, ladies and gentlemen was the entire basis of all British colonies world-wide.

These foreign dictates were enforced by the British army. To add insult to injury The Crown further dictated that the colonials must provide food and lodging to the British troops, right in the private homes of the colonials. In point of fact we were little better than slaves to the British ruling class.
Finally, after repeated attempts to get England to hear our pleas, we could no longer stomach this oppression and we declared our freedom in the now famous "Declaration of Independence"

England reacted violently to our actions and it attempted to enforce their dictates through force of arms and the Revolutionary War began. The British, under the command of Lord Cornwallis, began a systematic killing of men, women and children who supported the "rebels". Peaceful farmers had their live-stock stolen, crops in the fields burned, and their homes and barns burned to the ground. citizens were arrested, sentenced without benefit of trial, and promptly hanged.

In any examination of America's so called gun-culture it is essential to understand that the 2nd amendment of the Bill of Rights flows from British foreign tyranny. We have forgiven the UK but we have never forgotten. Nor will we ---ever.

Now, some may say that the above has nothing to do with today's issues. But that is incorrect. It is like saying that the fruit of the tree has nothing to do with the roots. England oppressed us, we declared independence, the Revolutionary War raged across the colonies, England was soundly beaten, the Constitution was written and the Bill of Rights was added.

So it was in thanks to the British crown that we wrote protections into law against further foreign tyranny. It is as much a part of an American as is his very heart.
Brill post.

Thanks for trying to educate the Anti Americans on this site.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I agree with that too Cass, thank goodness we have strong gun controls otherwise all the knife crime we see would be guns not knives.

And Bakerman, do Americans really think like that? It does annoy me when we are blamed for all the woes of the world. It's over 200 years ago and yet we get the blame?
Think bakerman was just explaining why the right to bear arms was included in their Bill of Rights.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Think bakerman was just explaining why the right to bear arms was included in their Bill of Rights.
Yes I got that Galty but he was suggesting the reason for the gun culture in the USA was because of the English all those years ago. I dunno maybe he is right, it just seems to me we get the blame for everything.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

05-10-2017, 08:46 AM

Yes I got that Galty but he was suggesting the reason for the gun culture in the USA was because of the English all those years ago. I dunno maybe he is right, it just seems to me we get the blame for everything.
But it is the reason why they hold the owner ship of guns so highly ..Because of the English.

I think the FF were wrong and was just a knee jerk reaction, but it bore fruit in the war of 1812 and the last battle of New Orleans

Yanks enjoy.

And Lonnie fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcEYz9LJm8
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

05-10-2017, 09:05 AM

But it is the reason why they hold the owner ship of guns so highly ..Because of the English.

I think the FF were wrong and was just a knee jerk reaction, but it bore fruit in the war of 1812 and the last battle of New Orleans

Yanks enjoy.

And Lonnie fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcEYz9LJm8
Great stuff
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 09:09 AM

Never heard of such a BS excuse .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2017, 09:10 AM

You have to understand that was about 250 years ago when people were using muskets !
It's time to move on now.

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top